Robyn Robertson Psychotherapy (Dip. NLPt), UKCP Reg. Cheshire
The Blend Centre
9A Northenden Road
0161 866 8573 / 07990 551 489
About You and Me
You are unique. There is nobody like you (even if you don’t believe that yet). So I take the view that no single approach is effective for every client, in all situations.
Adopting an integrative approach to counselling and psychotherapy enables me to work with the whole person; not just your work (or non-work) persona. Whichever aspect of personality or behaviour is causing you grief; in whatever life context, that’s where we’ll start.
I bring high energy and enthusiasm to the therapeutic relationship, which clients tell me they find motivating and inspirational. That said, my objective across all my work, is to build trust and rapport from the start; creating a safe environment so you feel able to express your issues and concerns openly.
I continue to develop myself as an Executive Coach, Psychotherapist and Counsellor. This means we can work flexibly together, to help you move to a happy and fulfilling life.
“Whatever works for you” is my mantra. So, I’ll take care of the process whilst you take care of you.
My commitment to you
In becoming your Therapist know that I will:
- Utilise my skills, training and experience to support you in the achievement of your goals
- Have high expectations for you and want the very best for you
- Help you to achieve all that you can be as long as you stay true to your own best interests
- Stretch you, challenge you, sometimes confront you, and always support you. I will be warm to you, laugh with you and will travel with you as an equal partner in your own success journey
Training, qualifications & experience
My psychotherapy experience has been gained through a well balanced mix of interactive face-to-face training, client practice (including pro-bono and voluntary work), personal psychotherapy (to address my own concerns and keep them out of the therapy room) and supported with monthly supervision. I work with clients on a 1:1 basis and abide by a strict ethical code of practice as set out by my accrediting body (NLPtCA).
Psychotherapy related qualifications
- UKCP Registered (UK Council for Psychotherapy) psychotherapist
- Diploma in Neuro Linguistic Psychotherapy
- Accredited Master Practitioner of Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Board Director of the Neuro Linguistic Psychotherapy and Counselling Association (NLPtCA) from June 2008 to June 2009
Having completed a Clinical Placement with Trafford’s sole independent psychiatric hospital as part of my training, I was engaged to provide 1:1 therapy for some of their service users to facilitate the rehabilitation process.
With a passion for helping young people I was a Volunteer Counsellor with Child Line from May 2004 to September 2008. I completed more than 500 counselling hours supporting young people over the telephone and undertook regular refresher training.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Neuro Linguistic Psychotherapy
To be discussed on making contact.
Given that my approach is based on ‘whatever works for you’, I want to be able to draw on an expansive pool of resources. So, I’m continually stretching myself as a Therapist. Currently, I’m exploring a method of therapy that I find to be highly effective in group work. And it compliments an holistic approach. The output will be that I can run group therapy sessions, in addition to my 1:1 work. And that means even more choice for you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekly, fortnightly or monthly sessions are available to suit your situation. I also have a limited number of evening sessions available.
Types of client