Robert Gebka, MNCS (Accred), Mindfulness Consultant
9 Rosemount Road
4 Sea Road
01202 021 063 / 07564 365443
I am an accredited psychological counsellor as well as a Qualified Mindfulness Teacher with the University of California San Diego, Medical School, USA. I also recently wrote a book called Managing Depression with Mindfulness for Dummies and have studied the neuroscience and physiology of mindfulness with Neuragy UK. Originally, I was a Buddhist monk and have lived and trained in mindfulness for five years at the Nan Hua Zen Buddhist monastery before joining the NHS. I then went on to complete a two year project in Mindfulness Based Interventions in an NHS psychiatric hospital with a clinical population.
I now work part-time within the mental health field for the NHS where I teach mindfulness to both NHS staff as well as patients suffering from mental health difficulties. My style is very light hearted and practical which also draws on my personal insights and experience. I teach mindfulness in a scientific, fun and gentle way focusing on making mindfulness practical and useful in your daily life. I am also a member of the Association of Contextual Behavioural Science, USA.
I offer the following:
6-Week One to One Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy course
8-Week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction course
Training, qualifications & experience
My training and qualifications – in a nutshell:
- Qualified MBSR Mindfulness Teacher, University of California San Diego Medical School USA.
- Neuroscience and physiology of mindfulness with Neuragy UK.
- Mindfulness Training: A five year residency at the Nan Hua Buddhist Monastery (South Africa)
- Have been teaching mindfulness since the year 2000
- Completed a 2 year self directed NHS research project in Mindfulness Based Interventions with a clinical population
- One year fulltime Certificate in Buddhist Studies and Mindfulness Practice (South Africa)
- Train the Trainer Certificate, Dorset Mental Health Forum
- Bachelors Degree (UOM)(USA)
- Diploma in Professional Hypnotherapy (UK)
- Certificate in Personal Coaching, LONDON
- NHS certificates related to mental health, including: Safeguarding and Therapeutic Engagement Skills.
- I took part in a three year course of personal psychotherapy as part of his personal and professional development.
- I also completed a number of one-day, three-day and seven-day mindfulness based Zen style residential retreats.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy & Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
Photos & videos
Single Session per hour: £55
6-Week One to one MBCT course: £340
8-Week MBSR course: £205
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Polish, Afrikaans|
Monday to Firday 8am to 5pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|