01227 788869 / 07847637764
As a counsellor I strive to create a safe, receptive environment so that my clients can address their problems with a feeling of security and trust. I believe that by creating a climate of trust clients can reach a deeper level of insight and awareness from which their problems can be addressed. Above all, I am open to the possibilities that counselling can offer and believe that the suffering that brings someone to counselling presents an opportunity for personal growth and psychological development. Prior to becoming a counsellor I taught yoga for ten years and I have been a dedicated practitioner of mindfulness for over twenty five years. While I draw on a variety of different methods including dreamwork, my primary method is to listen to each client and help them discover their best possibilities.
If you are at all interested in what you have read so far, please take a look at my personal website to get a more complete picture of my approach.
Training, qualifications & experience
Diploma in Counselling, Tariki Trust, Leicestershire
MA with Distinction, Religious Studies, University of Kent at Canterbury
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Dependent personality disorder
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
Other areas of counselling I deal with
My standard fee is £40 per hour and £45 per hour on weekends and holidays.
I am available on evenings and weekends.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Available weekdays, weekends and some holidays.