Dr Robert J. Chandler - Clinical Psychologist
Finding the right person to help you can seem an overwhelming challenge. It is important to find a practitioner that is suitably experienced, qualified, and one that puts you at ease and takes a non-judgemental stance when you discuss your challenges, thoughts and feelings.
I am a Clinical Psychologist and I provide psychological assessment and therapy to adults and young people in the Bournemouth area. I have worked in both the Private and NHS sectors for over 10 years in the fields of mental health, learning disabilities and Autism.
My areas of specialism are:
- Children and Young people with Autism and Learning Disabilities.
- Adults with emotional difficulties, those experiencing life stress or bereavement, and common mental health difficulties (for example; Anxiety, Low Mood/Depression, Panic attacks, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder etc). This list is not exhaustive.
Sessions are undertaken in an ideal therapeutic space; a large Log Cabin, based in a private residence in the Southbourne area of Bournemouth.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and hold full public liability/professional indemnity insurance.
Please contact me for an initial consultation and I will be happy to discuss your needs and circumstances.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
Photos & videos
Typically, my fees are as follows;
- Initial phone consultation (30 mins): Free
- Initial assessment session (1 hour 30): £90
- Individual Therapy/treatment session (1 hour): £70
- Parent/child/family treatment session (1 hour): £80
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please note that I am unable to respond to calls or emails between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Thursday. I endeavour to respond to all enquiries within 24 hours.
Types of client