Robert Baker; Therapeutic Counsellor; MBACP
22a Holme Lane
07452 866123 / 07452 866123
Often it is that first step when reaching out for help that feels the toughest, but this is common, normal and it is OK to feel this way. You may be going through issues of which you feel ready to share *I passionately believe counselling can offer real hope when making sense of your unhelpful situation.
I am involved in counselling because I feel passionate about making a positive difference for you. I have experience in different counselling settings and appreciate that *we are all genuinely unique and can experience difficulties from time to time.
Many people reach out for counselling to gain a clearer understanding of their unhelpful situation, it can be very helpful to focus on the reasons behind any unhelpful thoughts or feelings. *I am focused and dedicated on assisting you through your situation.
I am also interested in how we cope in the workplace, many people struggle with isolation, and difficulties with relationships there. I offer a you place where your personal reasons for attending counselling are truly heard and worked with. *understanding the reasons can lift you to a better place.
My practice at Wellspring is confidential which promotes trust within the counselling relationship - i consider myself down to earth in my practice. *Many people are surprised with just how positive their counselling experience is for them.
I offer short or long-term counselling to suit your needs. If you feel more comfortable contacting me by phone to make an appointment, my mob. number is 07452866123.
Training, qualifications & experience
* Training & Qualifications
* Diploma (He) Therapeutic Counselling
* MBACP Registered & Certificate of Proficiency.
* CRUSE Awareness in Bereavement Care foundation course
* Safeguarding Children and Young People training
* Safeguarding vulnerable adults and children
* Transactional Analysis certificate
* Autistic Spectrum Disorder certificate
* Gamcare Working With Problem Gamblers Induction certificate
* Social Responsibility in Gambling certificate
* Dementia and Autism awareness course
* Training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
* Training in Transactional Analysis
* Training in Person-Centred
I have experience working with adults and older adults in various settings.
I worked for the NHS at Bassetlaw hospital with bereaved adults, at this time i also worked for the CRUSE organisation in the same sector. Relating to this work I attended many courses including the recognised ABC course at Doncaster Royal Infirmary Hospital. I have also worked with younger people as a secondary school counsellor.
I now work with gamblers to help reduce their difficulties at Wellspring for Gamcare & Krysallis. *Here i also offer my services to you for any issues or difficulties that are listed and that you are experiencing...
I attend courses to gain knowledge and carry out my continued professional development. I also use on-line courses to further my knowledge.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
* Work-related; how you respond to pressures of the work-place.(relationships/monetary). We often 'carry on regardless' and ignore our own feelings and needs. Talking things through can help greatly. Counselling can offer new insight and fresh perspective on these matters.
* Isolation; social situations, loss, family difficulties, or maybe work-related. You may have people around you but still feel isolated or lonely with your feelings or thoughts, or you may have lost a loved one through bereavement. I am qualified to help you through these issues.
* Feeling ostracised; again maybe social, family or work-related. You may feel victimised in the work-place or at home, or would like to feel more accepted by friends perhaps. Your own self-worth really does matter.
* Mid-life crisis; asking yourself the big questions in your life - 'what do i want from it ?' Counselling can give you a greater sense of who you are, and also your passions in life.
* Life choices; 'weighing up the odds' and exploring big decisions: work, relationships, social. The stress of these can affect us, making sense of your choices and demands can make them more manageable.
My fees are £30.00 if you are unemployed or a full-time student. £40.00 if you are employed/in work.
I meet you professionally and discreetly here at Wellspring where we have rooms that are private and sound-proof.
Wellspring is based near Hillsboro' corner Sheffield. Easy access with public transport;arriving from town centre there is tram stop and also a bus stop near the premises
Coming by car? on-street parking on side-road then a 2 minute walk to Wellspring.
Unfortunately there is no wheelchair access to Wellspring.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
- I offer a free initial 20 minute phone conversation. Afternoon and evening counselling sessions are 50 minutes duration here at Wellspring.
Types of client