Robbie Emberson MBACP
07548651996 / 07548651996
something troubling you? I am here to help. -Robbie Emberson qualified Therapeutic Counsellor in Essex.
Do you feel overwhelmed by your problems and troubles? as a qualified counsellor, I will work with you to examine the problem you are facing and find an individual approach to deal with it.
I run a integrative practise, this means I will tailor the therapy to your individual needs, this is a confidential service.
at my therapy room I make every attempt to create a welcoming and soothing atmosphere for my clients, my light and friendly room oversees a lovely garden which backs onto a quiet wooded area of Basildon.
if you decide after a initial free telephone assessment you feel you would like to commence therapy with me, we will agree on a initial block of sessions, this is completely negotiable and flexible. I am able to offer daytime and evenings appointments to you.
a special addition to my therapy work is animal assisted therapy, I use a variety of animals as therapeutic tools to help move therapy forward, this can be very helpful for children, or people that struggle with therapy.
I also provide services using animals to help with phobias such as arachnophobia.
I am also able to offer online counselling via skype.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a member if the BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy) and have over 5 years experience including training to TCL-4 Diploma in therapeutic counselling & further education. I have worked and had experience in working with addiction, mental health as well as cancer support.
- Level 2 counselling skills
- Level 3 counselling studies
- Level 4 diploma in therapeutic counselling
- level 5 diploma in relationship counselling
Training, CPD & other qualifications including-
- Cancer & bereavement training
- Trauma & vicarious trauma (inc. PTSD)
- Mental health & confidentiality
- Understanding suicide
- body image, self esteem and dysmorphia
- Drug alcohol & substance misuse/addiction
- understanding sexual dysfunction & addiction
- working with dreams (dream/sleep analysis)
my work has included counselling at open road (alcohol & addiction), MIND (mental health) and Macmillan cancer support
I regularly attend workshops and addiction continued professional development to enhance and further my practise.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Ophiophobia (working with fear of snakes)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
Photos & videos
My charge per session is £25.
I want to keep my session price much lower than the average counsellors fee per session in order to keep it affordable to all, I know how the cost of therapy can affect your ability to be able to afford to treat your problems/issues - I hope I can make a difference by helping out people on lower incomes.
further discount for student counsellors.
I am passionate about my work and I will endeavour to meet your needs, here is a list of some of the subjects (but not limited to) I can work with -
-Bereavement & loss
-Trauma. including PTSD
-Image disorders including Body dysmorphic disorder
-Fears & Phobias
as mentioned this is not a limited list, if a issue you have not listed here, please contact me as I may be able to help
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Flexible Appointments available (Daytime & Evening)
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|