I am a down to earth approachable person with a calm manner who has experience of working with young people, vulnerable adults and clients who have suffered the loss of a loved one.
I am conscientious and caring with proven ability to empathise with my clients whilst retaining an objective and realistic approach to their treatment and wellbeing. I am comfortable working and communicating with people from all backgrounds and walks of life.
I am experienced in working with bereavement, trauma, abuse, addiction, depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, confidence issues, bullying and child-parent conflicts.
I am a YMCA volunteer, working with young people between the ages of 13 to 25. I also volunteer with Cruse Bereavement Care Huntingdon supporting clients with loss and grief in their own homes.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Therapeutic Practice
- Certificate in Counselling level 3
- Helping skill 1
- Accredited Cruise Bereavement
- Certificate in Resource Based Therapies
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Aware of policies and procedures regarding equal opportunities, child protection
- Provide comprehensive assessments of clients on which to base appropriate counselling interventions, or to make recommendations for referral to other healthcare professionals.
- Certificate in Management Post Grad Nottingham and Trent Uni
- Life skills
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Pregnancy and birth
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available Monday to Friday until 8pm and Sat/Sunday Mornings
Types of client