Dr Ricky Barrows - Chartered Clinical Psychologist
5 Museum Square
I am a Chartered Clinical Psychologist registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and the British Psychological Society (BPS). I offer a flexible service to individuals seeking assistance with a wide range of difficulties, such as emotional distress, unwanted behaviours, and relationship problems. My services include:
- Psychological assessment to identify problems, and provide written reports when necessary
- Formulation to map out problems and experiences in an understandable way
- Psychological therapy to alleviate psychological distress in a way that enhances autonomy and choice
- Evaluation and relapse prevention to assess whether real change and improvement has occurred and continues to do so
My approach is informed by the latest psychological research and incorporates the psychological principles that underpin many therapeutic models. Due to the way they complement one another, I particularly favour Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and psychodynamic psychotherapy as ways of working, especially when they are linked with neurological research and an understanding of how the mind and body influence one another.
Training, qualifications & experience
My training and background includes extensive experience working in NHS mental health services with common and complex presentations.
I have a first class degree, BSc (Hons), in Psychology, a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, and regularly partake in continued practice development (CPD) to keep my knowledge and skills up to date.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
For more information about me and my services, please visit my website.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appointments available between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday.