Dr Ricky Barrows - Chartered Clinical Psychologist
5 Museum Square
I lead a team of Clinical Psychologists that offer a flexible service to individuals seeking assistance with a wide range of difficulties, such as emotional distress, unwanted behaviours, and relationship problems.
Our services include:
- Psychological assessment to identify problems, and provide written reports when necessary
- Formulation to map out problems and experiences in an understandable way
- Psychological therapy to alleviate psychological distress in a way that enhances autonomy and choice
- Evaluation and relapse prevention to assess whether real change and improvement has occurred and continues to do so
Our approach is informed by the latest psychological research and incorporates the psychological principles that underpin many therapeutic models. In addition to offering therapies such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR), we specialise in providing a range of Experiential Dynamic Therapies (EDT’s). This includes Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Therapy (ISTDP), which is an evidence based therapy that has received much attention due to its effectiveness in working with medically unexplained symptoms, and presentations the have resulted in previous treatment failures, such as treatment resistant depression and personality related problems.
Training, qualifications & experience
Our team of Clinical Psychologists all have a background involving extensive experience working in NHS mental health services with common and complex presentations.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
For more information about our services, please visit our website.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appointments available between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday. 10am to 2pm on Saturday.