We all have times when life is a struggle, often we know why but feel unable to change anything, and sometimes the why is a mystery. Whatever the struggle counselling can often help, but reaching out to others can also feel very threatening. Our initial consultation is free, giving you an opportunity to meet me face to face, to get a feel of what it might be like to work with me and to ask any questions you have.
- FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
- DAYTIME, EVENING & WEEKEND APPOINTMENTS
What I offer:
- Psychotherapeutic counselling to individuals, on both a long term and short term basis, depending on your specific needs.
- A safe, accepting, and non-judgemental, environment, in which you can feel seen, heard and understood.
- An opportunity to develop your awareness and understanding of you, and how you live in the world.
- A creative and constructive partnership, where you have the opportunity to explore difficult or painful feelings and thoughts; and to discover, and experiment with, new ways of responding.
- A chance to become aware of the range of choices you have in your life, which currently may be hidden from you.
- With greater awareness and choice, the capacity to gain more control of your life, whilst being less controlling.
I am a fully qualified Gestalt Psychotherapeutic Counsellor and work in a humanistic relational way. We will work together in a partnership where we explore how you relate in your world, how you respond to your circumstances, and how past and present situations impact upon you. Our emphasis will be on what you are doing, thinking and feeling in the present moment and to raise your awareness of your processes and how these might be stopping you being the person you really are and having the life you want.
I work to and abide by, the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice.
You can find out more about me and the services I offer on my website.
Training, qualifications & experience
Diploma in Gestalt Psychotherapeutic Counselling, from Metanoia Institute.
European Certificate of Gestalt Psychotherapy, from the European Association for Gestalt Therapy.
Foundation Certificate in Psychotherapy and Counselling, from Regent's College School of Psychotherapy and Counselling.
I have trained at Wealden College in working with trauma, and with Hemmings Field Associates in working with Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
I previously worked as a psychotherapeutic counsellor for a registered charity, who offer low cost counselling for depression, stress and anxiety for people living in and around the Brighton and Worthing area.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship issues
I charge individuals £40 for daytime appointments, and £50 for evening (from 6.00pm) and weekend appointments.
The initial session is FREE – this is to ensure that both the counsellor and client are able to work with each other. We will have the opportunity to think it over before deciding whether to proceed.
I work in a quiet location in Hassocks, with off road parking and within a 15 minute walk of Hassocks Railway Station.
I am a member of the following organisations:
- British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
- European Association for Gestalt Therapy
- Metanoia Institute
I have professional liability insurance and am registered with the Information Commissioner's Office.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client