Richard Szklaruk - Therapeutic Counsellor - BA (Hons), Dip.CBT
I am a fully qualified Counsellor offering both Humanistic and Cognitive therapies. I offer a non-judgemental and empathic model of counselling. I do not offer advice, tell you how to think or provide answers. My role as your counsellor is to help you develop your personal awareness and to assist you to explore your personal distress in a place of safety. My aim to help you to develop personal coping strategies that are realistic and to help you develop a personal state of robust tranquillity. My work is tailored towards helping you to function without distress when faced with the challenges of daily life.
I believe that personal distress can be beaten and that a route to recovery exists for everyone. My counselling work includes working with Addictions, Bereavement, Depression, Anxiety, Anger, Self-harm, Obsessive thoughts, Life-transitions and Stress related issues.
My counselling experience is varied. In addition to my private counselling work I also work as a counsellor within the NHS for Anxiety and Depression.
My private counselling work is based in Scunthorpe. This is an appointment only service, available Weekdays (6pm onwards) and Saturdays (11am onwards).
Lastly, I will state that my counselling work is not generic and is tailored to suit your individual needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) Degree in Counselling Studies
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, CBT
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults - Levels 1 & 2 (04/2016)
- Safeguarding Children - Level 3 (04/2016)
- Lone Worker [Skills for Health Certified] (04/2016)
- PSTS/Conflict Management [Skills for Health Certified] (04/2016)
- MHFA for the Armed Forces Community (05/2015)
- The Importance of Good Clinical Record Keeping - HSCIC (02/2015)
- Information Governance Training - HSCIC (04/2016)
- Infection Control (04/2016)
- Fire Training (04/2016)
- NCFE Level 1 Award in Substance Misuse Awareness (10/2104)
- Self Harm Awareness & Skills Training (07/2014)
- Working with Problem Gambling - GamCare Training (11/2015)
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (11/2013)
- Member of the British Association for Counsellors & Psychotherapists (MBACP)
- Registrant on the BACP Voluntary Register of Counsellors & Psychotherapists
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
Photos & videos
I offer a private counselling service in Scunthorpe on Monday-Friday (6pm onwards) and Saturdays (11am onwards).
For Private Clients: Sessions will incur a cost a fee of £35 (paid at the end of each session). A discount is available for Students, the low waged and those currently receiving SSP.
For Corporate Clients (paid by the Employer): The fee charge is £50 per session.
Counselling sessions are usually weekly and each session lasts one hour.
Counselling appointments are usually 50 minutes.
Sessions are 1:1 counselling.
I work with Adults only. I do not offer a counselling service for couples or children (but I am willing to signpost you a counsellor who will offer this service).
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Private appointments are available (Monday to Saturday)
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|