Richard Szklaruk - Counsellor
As a therapist I offer both Humanistic and Cognitive Therapies (CBT). My work is a non-judgmental and empathic model of counselling.
I do not offer advice, tell you how to think or provide answers. I offer my Clients the opportunity to develop greater personal awareness levels and assist with the exploration of personal distress in a place of safety.
The use of Humanistic and Cognitive interventions are offered to help you find a route to improved personal functioning and the adoption of robust coping strategies that are realistic. My therapeutic work is tailored towards helping you to function when faced with the challenges and stresses of daily life.
I believe that personal distress can be beaten and that a route to recovery exists for everyone. My therapeutic work includes; Addictions, Bereavement, Depression, Anxiety, Anger, Self-harm, Obsessive/Intrusive thoughts, Life-Transitions and Stress related issues.
Private Counselling work is offered in Scunthorpe and is an appointment only service. Days offered are Mondays, Wednesdays & Saturdays.
Lastly, please be aware that my counselling work is not generic and therapy is tailored to suit your individual needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) Degree in Counselling Studies
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, CBT
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults - Levels 1 & 2
- Safeguarding Children - Level 3
- Lone Worker [Skills for Health Certified]
- PSTS/Conflict Management [Skills for Health Certified]
- MHFA for the Armed Forces Community
- Information Governance Training - HSCIC
- Infection Control Training
- Fire Control Training
- NCFE Level 1 Award in Substance Misuse Awareness
- Self Harm Awareness & Skills Training
- Working with Problem Gambling - GamCare Training
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Member of the British Association for Counsellors & Psychotherapists (BACP)
- Registrant on the BACP Voluntary Register of Counsellors & Psychotherapists (MBACP)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Photos & videos
Scunthorpe : Sessions will incur a cost a fee of £35 (paid at the end of each session).
Corporate (usually paid by the Employer) : The fee is £50 per session.
Counselling appointments are usually 50 minutes and 1:1 counselling.
I work with Adults only.
I do not offer a counselling service for couples or children (but I will offer a referral or signpost you a Therapist who will offer this service to you).
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Private appointment service only
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|