Richard Farrant Dip. Couns. MBACP. MNCS (ACC)
075 5402 4776
I am an approachable and experienced counsellor based in East Kent, offering personal counselling or group therapy.
I believe that being flexible and approachable is key to the counselling relationship, therefore I can shape sessions to suit you and work with any issues you’d like to explore.
For over twenty years I have been supporting people in navigating the complexities life can bring, from everyday stresses and tensions to (amongst others) the traumas of loss, abuse or family breakdown.
Counselling can help you make sense of life, plot a chart through difficulties you are facing, or empower you to gain the courage to make changes. I have had the opportunity to work with many people in these situations, and have seen the difference that can come through counselling.
Taking the first step in approaching a counsellor can be daunting, I know. Therefore please feel free to email me, call or visit my website for more information. If it would help, we can arrange a initial informal half hour session to see if counselling is the right thing for you.
Training, qualifications & experience
Certificate in Counselling Skills.
Diploma in Integrative Therapy.
Certificate in CBT
I have attended a number of training courses including:
- Understanding Autism and Asperger Syndrome.
- Bereavement & Loss,
- Creative Play & Art Therapy,
- Understanding Self Injury and Self- Harm.
- Working with Anger & Rage
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work related stress
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
£35 per session, concessions available.
Men's group therapy also available.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am able to offer session throughout the day and also evening sessions.
Types of client