Rephael House Counselling Centre
40a Station Road
020 8440 9144 / 07922 141 392 (text only)
Rephael House is a registered charity that offers counselling to anyone who feels they would benefit from our support. We are an established agency with over 16 years experience as well as an organisational member of the BACP and CommUNITY Barnet. Our therapists are either accredited by the BACP or working towards their accreditation.
We are able to provide subsidised counselling to those that fall within these specific remits:
- Child bereavement for anyone who has experienced pregnancy, baby and child loss, including termination of pregnancy for abnormality or life choice, stillbirth, neonatal death and the loss of an older or adult child in any circumstance.
- Counselling for women who are suffering postnatal depression or experiencing anxiety after becoming a parent.
- Counselling and support for anyone facing an unexpected or difficult pregnancy or who are suffering anxiety and depression whilst pregnant.
- Play therapy for children -aged 6-12yrs on any issue including bullying, family difficulties, school refusal, anxiety, depression, eating disorders, self-harm, anger, sadness, lack of confidence and self esteem, work issues and relationship problems.
- Counselling for young people aged between 13 to 25yrs on any issue including bullying, family difficulties, school refusal, anxiety, depression, eating disorders, self-harm, anger, sadness, lack of confidence and self esteem, work issues and relationship problems.
- Counselling for anyone affected by domestic abuse
If you do not fall within these categories we are still able to offer you counselling however, we will not be able to offer you a subsidised rate.
Training, qualifications & experience
Our counsellors are either trained to Advanced Diploma level and are BACP accredited or working towards accreditation. We offer training places to those counsellors who are in their final stages of training on a BACP or UKCP registered course. The centre provides regular supervision and clinical team meetings to ensure good practice and the best possible service for all our clients.
As an Organisational Member of BACP we are bound by its Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy and subject to the Professional Conduct Procedure therein.
Member organisations *
Areas of counselling we deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling we deal with
We offer play therapy for children aged 6 to 12 years.
We are a not statutory funded therefore we rely on grants and donations. This means we are a chargeable however, we endeavour to not turn anyone away if they are not able to pay the full amount.
Each counselling session costs us £40 to provide. We ask all clients, within our remit, to contribute as much as possible to this amount. If the service you require is not under our current subsided service you will be asked to cover the full cost of the session. This will be explained to you on you initial phone call and/or at your first session with your counsellor.
Our service is open Monday to Friday 9am until 8pm (5 pm on Fridays)
We offer a drop in service on a Monday afternoon between 2pm and 5pm - last entry at 4:30 at the low cost of £5.
These sessions last 30 minutes but give you an idea of what counselling may be like. This is especially useful for young people.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
We currently have day time and evening ability