Reeta Kauppinen BA Hons: MA: Dip: Adv Dip: MBACP
I am a fully qualified and experienced BACP registered psychotherapy and counselling practitioner in individual therapy with extensive knowledge and experience working with adults experiencing stress, anxiety, trauma and crises.
I provide a safe space to explore what may be contributing to your current difficulties. I offer you an opportunity to gain another perspective and explore new options and ways of managing your issues.
The emphasis is on people developing the skills to be self-reflective, increase understanding of their personal beliefs and values, aid psychological and emotional maturity and learn how to cope with the challenges of life more effectively, by accepting what cannot be changed and addressing what can be. My philosophical approach has a focus on relationships people have with themselves, others and life in general.
I am a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
I place at the heart of my approach Existential Philosophy and Psychodynamic approach, combined with acceptance and compassion for one self. I believe that a productive therapeutic relationship must always contain the four key elements of comfort, clarification, encouragement and solidarity.
I have over ten years of experience working within the field of mental health, running a welfare project for the NHS and for the Mind in Hackney, as well as training social work students in the City and Hackney Mind.
- Advanced diploma in Humanistic Integrative Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Certificate in Existential Counselling and Psychotherapy
- MA in International Relations and Diplomacy
- BA (Hons) in Sociology
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Relapse Prevention
- Hearing Voices and Paranoia
- C.B.T (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- Anxiety and Anger
- Domestic violence
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Initial consultation fee is £25 for an approximate one hour session.
- I charge £45 thereafter for a regular counselling session for 50 minutes, once a week.
- I can also offer a sliding scale of lower fees for individuals on low income and those on benefits or for trainee counsellors who are registered on a recognised training programme.
- I offer short term and long term counselling sessions.
I am committed to Continuing Professional Development (CPD) in Counselling and Psychotherapy. I abide by the Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) which means I work confidentially and have the highest respect for your emotional well-being.
Please feel free to e-mail me via the website if you have any specific questions regarding counselling.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon-Fri 08.00 - 21.30, Saturday 11.00-16.00
Types of client