Rebecca Davies MBACP, UKCP & BPC
The therapy I offer is a place for you to talk in confidence about the anxieties and experiences that are troubling you.
Your feelings may be overwhelming, disturbing, complicated or confusing. Your relationships, work, home or family life may be affected by the troubles you have.
I believe that our environment, past experiences and an unknown or unconscious element to our lives shapes the feelings we have, the relationships we are in and the difficulties we encounter.
Bad experiences, change, loss and illness are just some factors that can be trigger feeling low or lonely, anxious or depressed. Sometimes feelings can seem as if they come from nowhere or old ways of thinking and acting can recur.
Talking, sharing and thinking in therapy with me has the potential to open up different ways of feeling and then different ways of living.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I am a registered, professional member of the BACP (British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists, UKCP (United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy, FPC (Foundation for Counselling and Psychotherapy) and accredited by BPC (British Psychoanalytic Council). I adhere to their strict professional guidelines and ethical codes of clinical practice.
- I trained & qualified as a psychodynamic psychotherapist at WPF Therapy. I have a Post Graduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy Theory and Practice
- I have a BA Hons. degree in English & Psychology and a PGCE
- I currently work at WPF Therapy as an Honorary Psychotherapist for Assessments.
- I have worked for the Samaritans, in the NHS as well as corporate and educational settings.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
Photos & videos
- I respond promptly to your enquiry by phone or email.
- Your first appointment with me is an initial consultation which can last between an hour to an hour and a half. My fee for the initial consultation is £85.
- I would then offer you a regular, weekly (or twice weekly) session of 50 minutes, the same time every week. My fee for the weekly sessions is between £65.
- I offer a concessionary rate for sessions at off-peak times during the day.
My consulting room is close to Farringdon, the City, Clerkenwell, Holborn, Chancery Lane, Angel, Islington, Barbican and King's Cross tube/mainline stations.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have availability in the evenings and during the day Monday - Friday.
Types of client