Rebecca Barlow Adv DIP MBACP
01702-306421 / 07575747444
Thank you for looking at my profile. I have attempted here to tell you who I am and how I can help,
I hope you will get all the information your looking for ... if you have any questions please feel free to get in contact with me
I work in Westcliff Essex
I decided to set up my practice 2 years ago when I felt it was time for me to offer a counselling service that I myself would like to receive, by that I mean offering a service that is right for the individual.
I have worked as a Qualified Psychotherapist/counsellor now for over 14 years, working with individuals, couples, adolescents, families, and groups.
So why choose me?
- I'm open minded, and realise the diversity and uniqueness of the individual.
- I am able to visit you at home if you are unable to get to my practice through either illness or disability
- I am always realistic, down to earth and never have expectations Of others, I am non judgemental.
- I have been counselling for 14 years.
- I am also a RELATE trained counsellor.
- I understand the importance of communication, and how a few small adjustments can make such a massive difference.
- I have experience of working within a school framework with young people.
- I am experienced in family counselling
- I communicate while offering genuine positive regard.
- I have a full and updated DBS that I am happy to provide
If you'd like to contact me, click here to email me or call my mobile 07946 788172.
So why have counselling?
How does it work?
Counselling does not always have to be long term, sometimes a few sessions can be enough,
The beauty of private practice is the flexibility.
Of course Counselling is a very individual unique experience for each and every one of us.
At the initial assessment session we make sense and gain an understanding of what has brought you, and to establish how we can move forward.
At the end of the session we can book another appointment, or you can go away and think about it and decide to book another time.
Where I am:
I work within walking distance of the Southend, Westcliff, and Prittlewell stations, the London Rd and the bus is only a few minutes away. You can park in the street ( however sometimes it's a little hit and miss depending on the time of day.)
At my practice I offer counselling in a safe, relaxed environment, where you the client can feel at ease and find the answer/help or just direction your looking for.
What can you gain?
clarity, making sense of it and knowing what your choices are.
the benefits of just talking to another is so important
' problem shared is a problem halved '
understanding, and the chance to empower yourself for your future, also.....
- A greater enjoyment in life
- Increased confidence
- Assertive skills
- A better awareness of who you are in the world
- better communication skills
- Able to make decisions
- Life tools and strategies for future fulfilment
- An appreciation of who you are and what makes you special
- Reflection, processing, understanding
- Inspiration and ambition
- Realising your potential
- Finding a purpose
If you'd like to contact me, click here to email me or call my mobile 07575747444. Or Office 01702-306421
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Therapeutic Counselling
- AQA in CBT therapy
- stress management
- Anger management
- Self harm the facts
- Risk taking men and affairs
- Inner child work
- Bereavement and loss
- Autism awareness
- Dylexia identity
- Domestic violence interventions
- Suicide and depression
- Border Personality Disorder BPD
- Histronic Personality Disorder HPD
- Affairs and the consequencies
- LGBT therapy
I have worked within the NHS where CBT is greatly used, particularly when looking at negative automatic thoughts and ways of changing the thought processes. This works well with panic, anxiety, worry and low self esteem.
years of experience Understanding teenagers, eg hormones, peer pressure, family systems, the need to belong, body image etc
I have run Anger management, self esteem and confidence courses.
I am a member of British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP ) and can be found on the BACP register.
I also specialise in:
- Relationship counselling
- Individual counselling
- Family and system counselling
- LGBT issues
- My Advanced training has covered theories such as Psychodynamic, Cognitive theories, solution focuses, person centred, Transactional Analysis, etc.
'Experience comes from time, its not something that can be learnt from a book'
Where did it begin?
In 1999 I began my first steps in counselling training, seemed like everyone told me their problems anyhow. I was soon to realise this was not an easy journey, but the positives always out weighed the negatives and I carried on.
Four years later I Qualified as a psychotherapist-counsellor, then I really began to learn.
For the last 13 years I have been on many more courses and workshops to gain a more deeper understanding of the person, my journey continues, and always will..............
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
problems at work
problems with parents
fear of school
fear of going mad
disagreement on parenting
quiet withdrawn child
how to end a relationship
fear of loss
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Group therapy
- Human Givens psychotherapy
- Humanistic therapies
Photos & videos
Individual Therapy ....... £45.00
Couples Therapy........... £50.00
Student .......................... £35.00
Family Therapy ............. £75.00
I offer you a hour counselling session, however the first session may be slightly longer.
Family therapy will generally be an hour and 20/30 For family therapy I can visit you if prefer.
days, evenings, and some weekends.
So to summarise....
Counselling is the client and the therapist coming together to find a solution to any distress that is being, or has been experienced.
Sessions generally do last an hour, occasionally slightly longer, family counselling will be longer.
The number of sessions can be as many or as few as required, and although I like continuity we can spread them out if convenient.
Counselling can help by simply being able to talk about it in a safe environment; it is often called 'The Talking cure'.
Many people internalise their problems, often not knowing where to turn, and feel relief being able to share with another.
I have a background in delivering workshops on self esteem and confidence building etc. I would be happy to work with two or more clients if you would like a self discovery session or two.
Please visit my website on:
Thank you for reading my profile, if you would like to make an appointment please feel free to call me on my mobile 07575747444
or on my landline 01702-306421
or send an e-mail to me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
My availabity is flexible, i work evenings up until 10 pm and offer Saturday with an occasional Sunday
Types of client