Low Cost Counselling Maidstone- Rebecca Attwood (Ad Prof Dip PC/ MNCS Acc/ MA)
Low Cost Counselling Maidstone
I believe that beginning therapy or counselling starts with two important decisions; ‘should I seek support from a counsellor?’ You’ve already made this difficult decision which is why you’re looking at this page.
The second decision is ‘which therapist is right for me?’ This decision can be somewhat harder but my reduced rate initial assessment session gives you an opportunity to see if I am the counsellor for you.
After working in both prisons and education for the past 13 years, I have experience of working with both adults and young people with a range of emotional and learning difficulties. I understand that life can be both challenging and frustrating, and that you may feel overwhelmed by your feelings. I understand that you may be very clear about the changes that you want to make in your life, or that you might have had experience that you’re finding difficult to cope with.
Some people have a very clear idea of why they feel the need to see a therapist or start counselling. Others are confused by their feelings and may feel out of control or alone. For some, therapy is an opportunity to better understand the choices they make and patterns they repeat. Whatever your reasons, be assured you will be treated with respect, confidentiality and given the space to be yourself.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am an accredited member of the National Counselling Society and a member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (Mem no-774144).
Counselling/Psychotherapy/Psychology Qualifications and Training:
- National Counselling Society. 2014-2015. Advanced Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling.
- National Counselling Society. 2013-2014. Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling.
- Brunel University. 2001-2002. M.A. Psychoanalytic Studies.
- University of East London. 1998-2001. B.A. (Hons) Psychosocial Studies.
- Mindfulness Skills and Practice. College of Cognitive Behavioural Therapies (CCBT). Nov 2014.
- Self-Harm – Intermediate. Level 3 (KSCB). September 2014.
- Sexual Abuse - How to Identify the signs and Understand the Issues. Level 2 (KSCB). July 2014.
- Child Protection: Understanding Online Risks. Level 2 (KSCB). July 2014.
- Essential Safeguarding from Early Help to Referral. Level 2 (KSCB). May 2014.
- Child Sexual Exploitation. Level 2 (KSCB). February 2014.
- Applied Suicide intervention Skills Training (ASIST) Award. LivingWorks and KCC. April 2013.
- Understanding Female Genital Mutilation. Home Office. Feb 2015.Youth Mental Health First Aid Award. LivingWorks and KCC. March 2013.
Other Qualifications and Training:
- Irlen Institute. 2008. Certified Irlen Screener.
- OCN/Medway Dyslexia Association. 2005-2006. Level 5 Cert- Teaching Learners with Specific Learning Difficulties.
- NOCN. 2005. Level 3 Cert- Supporting Learners with Dyslexia.
- Canterbury Christ Church University College. 2002-2004. PGCE- Post Compulsory Education.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
I believe that everyone who needs to see a counsellor should be able to do so. Cost should not be the reason that you are not able to access support.
Day Time Sessions (7am- 5pm) £20
Evening Sessions (5pm-8pm) £30
Student/Trainee Discounted Sessions (Evidence of course enrolment required) £15
I am based in Maidstone, servicing the surrounding area including Tonbridge, Ashford, Sittingbourne and the Medway Towns.
I am located within walking distance of both Maidstone East and West Train stations.
I have free private parking on site.
For more information visit www.lowcostcounsellingmaidstone.co.uk or contact me via this page.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|