Raoul (Ray) Lindsay, BSc, MSc, MBACP, MBPsS
Do you feel anxious, depressed or are currently experiencing relationship issues?
I provide short term or open ended counselling and CBT sessions in a confidential setting in which you can explore your thoughts and feelings in order to establish ways that can help you move forward.
I hold undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in Psychology and Counselling and have experience of working with adults, adolescents and children in a range of settings.
Being trained as an integrative therapist means that I incorporate key concepts from CBT, Psychodynamic and Person Centred approaches with techniques that fit the client and the problems they bring into the therapy room.
My particular areas of interest include identity and cultural issues. The majority of my work involves working extensively with issues relating to depression, anxiety, stress and relationship problems. However I do also offer support to sports people with stress/anxiety difficulties and also during and after experiencing sporting injuries.
I respect all genders, sexual orientations, ethnicities, religions and any other individual differences.
As a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) my practice honours the BACP Ethical Framework.
I regularly attend supervision and professional training workshops as part of my continuing professional development, and for my own interest and growth as a practitioner.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc in Psychology
- MSc in Therapeutic Counselling
- PGCert in IAPT
- Working with Cultural Identity
- Safeguarding Young People and Child Protection
- Domestic violence/abuse
- Motivational Interviewing
- Mediation & Conflict Resolution
- Registered member of The British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP): 698861
- Graduate member of The British Psychological Society (BPS): 377179
- School Counselling - Providing counselling services to young people aged between 11-18.
- Samaritans - Providing counselling to adults with a range of mental health difficulties.
- MIND - Providing counselling to adults with a range of mental health difficulties.
- NHS - Providing counselling services to young people, families and consultations to schools and external agencies.
- Currently in Private Practice - Providing individual and couples counselling services to adults.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Asperger's syndrome
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Anxiety/Low Mood/Stress - in Sports People (also emotional impact of sporting injury)
Individual counselling sessions are 50 minutes long and are priced at £50 per session.
Couples counselling sessions are 1hr 10 mins long and are priced at £70 per session.
Sessions usually take place once a week, ideally on the same day and time.
Please feel free to contact me for a free 10 minute telephone consultation.
I also offer concessions and reduced rates for students and people who are on a reduced income and/or receiving benefits. Please email or call for further information.
Cancellation Policy: At least 24 hours notice is required to change or cancel your appointment. If less than 24 hours is given a full session fee will be payable.
I offer counselling sessions in Leytonstone E11.
My Leytonstone practice is a 5 minute walk from Leytonstone tube station (Central line). Free car parking is also available as there are no parking bays or permit restrictions.
Monday - Friday: 9am-8pm
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday - Friday: 9am - 8pm
Types of client