Rakhi Chand, MSc, MBACP (Snr. Accred.)
I am a senior accredited counsellor/psychotherapist, supervisor, and trainer. I have six years of experience in the field, working in the UK and in the Netherlands with individuals, couples and groups.
Perhaps you're looking for a therapist because you're confused, down or frustrated... Or maybe something just doesn't feel right but you don't know what. Either way, I'd be happy to help. I counsel face-to-face in East London (Aldgate) and online via Skype.
I frequently support people through the following difficulties. This list is by no means exhaustive, however, so feel free to get in touch if you don't see what you are looking for and we can discuss:
- relationship problems
- feeling low or depressed
- loss - of any form
- a general feeling of dissatisfaction and/or confusion.
My website www.chandcounselling.co.uk gives more detail, including a copy of the counselling agreement that I tend to work to. Alternatively, please get in touch if you have questions.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training & Qualifications
- Senior Accredited, British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Certified Cyber Therapist (Online Therapy Institute)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Counselling Supervision (Counselling Xtra)
- MSc, Mental Health: Psychological Therapies (Barts and the London School of Medicine)
- BA hons, Person-Centred Counselling (Metanoia Institute)
- BSc hons, Economics and Economic History (University of Warwick)
- Private Practice (Jun 2011 - Present)
- Peer Reviewer - World Cultural Psychiatry Research Review (Jul 2013 - Present)
- Assistant Tutor, Metanoia Institute - Person-Centred Counselling BA/Diploma (Apr 2013 - Feb 2015)
- St Bartholomew's Hospital - Cancer psychological services (Jun 2013 - Apr 2014)
- Lifeline - Addictions psychotherapy service (Jan 2013 - Dec 2013)
- Woman's Trust - Domestic abuse psychotherapy service (Jul 2009 - Oct 2010)
- MIND - General counselling service(Sep 2009 - Jun 2010)
- Metanoia Counselling and Psychotherapy Service (Nov 2008 - Nov 2009)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Having completed a Certificate in Cyber therapy I am a member of the professional body ACTO (Association for Counselling and Therapy Online), and am familiar with some of the ethical nuances of working via Skype.
Photos & videos
The first session is £40 (slightly reduced rate) for you to see if you feel comfortable with me. Shop around if not! There is no obligation to continue beyond this.
If we do decide to continue working together, fees are as below. I offer a scale of fees, for example £50-65, hopefully to better suit your circumstances.
London E1 Online
London E1 Online
Groups (to learn about/improve/practise communicating and managing difficult interpersonal situations):
£25 per person.
I hope that the reduced fee initial session supports you to find the right therapist for you: research-wise, the click between you and your chosen therapist comes up consistently as the most important factor in you meeting your aims.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Conversational punjabi|
I work weekdays - daytime and evening.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
How I work.View supervision profile