Rae Manoiret PGDip
078 5445 2424
I am a Psychotherapist with over 19 years experience of supporting adults, couples, and students. I have a small discreet practice in the heart (NG1) of Nottingham. I'm here for confidential support, providing a warm, accepting, safe space to freely express your private thoughts and feelings for short or long term therapy, depending on your goals.
We seek counselling or psychotherapy for all different reasons. Whatever issues you are facing, you are not alone. You are welcome to email, or give me a call to book a free 20 minute telephone consultation with me for us to talk briefly about what you want to bring to therapy.
I provide information, strategies and support to help you to make decisions to address, heal and resolve difficulties such as;
• Relationships, changes, loneliness, partner/spouse, lacking communication, to be heard, to make decisions, abusive (physical or psychological), are we compatible?
• Not Good Enough, feeling a sense of shame or hurt, failure
• Not Worthy of Counselling, just need someone to talk too, a professional thats non-judgemental
• Depression, feeling low, lacking motivation, post natal, sadness, feelings of despair & suicidal thoughts
• Professionals, seeking change, new goals and experiences, career changes, feeling empty, loneliness
• Divorce or separation, affair, change, loss
• Bereavement, heartbroken, sad, loneliness, loss or grief
• Unresolved ‘baggage’ from the past, old hurts, regrets, anger, or sadness
• Death, suicide, murder, miscarriages, stillborn, sudden, wills
• Work-Related, anxiety, stress, stuck, Bullying, affair, office politics, highly-competitive, colleague rivalry
• Low self-esteem, feeling invisible, worthless, numb, lacking confidence, communication issues
• Food, weight & eating problems, bingeing, eating disorders - over-eaters, bulimia, anorexia
• Self harm, cutting, Illness, OCD, self-destructive, self-loathing
• Family and friends relationship issues, sibling rivalry, parents, old traditions, resentment, outcast
I offer counselling and psychotherapy online for those who are geographically further away or find the convenience useful. Skype therapy sessions are flexible to give you the opportunity to talk about events that you have experienced in life, that now impact on the way you feel about yourself and your future.
I use Transactional Analysis creatively in my work to help you to understand yourself, what you want to change and how to go about changing things in a way that suits you.
I have a diverse background in teaching, sales and design.
Training, qualifications & experience
As a humanistic psychotherapist, working with individuals, groups, families and couples seeking to understand and change aspects of their lives and relationships.
I have worked for NHS at a GP practice providing counselling to patients (particularly patients who were experiencing illness and depression) and as a college counsellor working with students at a HE college. At present, I also work at The University of Nottingham and Nottingham Trent University supporting and mentoring students. With this experience I have been privileged to work with a wide variety of people from all walks of life and all ages, especially individuals facing unwanted change in their lives, experiencing feelings of shame and sadness without a voice.
• PGCD - Diploma in Transactional Analysis
• Diploma in Transactional Analysis Counselling
• Certificate in Transactional Analysis
• Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling
• Advd Certificate in Person-Centred Counselling
• Advanced Certificate in Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) Skills
• Certificate in Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) Skills
I subscribe to the code of ethical and professional practice of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I work with regular supervision and am committed to my ongoing Continuing Professional Development.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- £45 for Individuals (50 minutes session)
- £75 for Couples (60 minutes session)
Fee concessions available depending on circumstances.
You are welcome to contact me without obligation, for more information or with any questions you may have about Counselling & Psychotherapy.
I can offer you a free telephone or face to face consultation for us to talk briefly about what you are bringing to therapy.
Please enquire by email or telephone.
On street parking available.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|