Rae Manoiret MBACP Registered, PGDip
07555 298 298
I am a fully qualified Psychotherapist with over 19 years experience of helping adults, couples, and students. I have a small discreet practice in the heart (NG1) of Nottingham. I'm here for confidential support, providing a warm, accepting, safe space to freely express your private thoughts and feelings for short or long term therapy, depending on your goals.
We seek counselling or psychotherapy for all different reasons.
Life circumstances and situations can sometimes be overwhelming, and strong emotions such as sadness, fear and anger, can be difficult to cope with. Whatever issues you are facing, you are welcome to call/email me to book for a free15 minute telephone consultation to talk briefly about what you want to bring to therapy.
I provide information, strategies and support to help you to discover your own personal power, to make decisions, heal and resolve your difficulties, here are a few suggestions, such as;
• Relationship Problems, Affairs, Abuse, Sexual/intimacy issues, Family issues, Couples Work
• Stress, Anxiety and Panic Attacks - Feeling Overwhelmed, Over-thinking
• Depression, Feeling Low, Overwhelming Sadness Post Natal, or feelings of Despair or Suicidal
• Family Issues, Sibling Rivalry, Parents, old Traditions, Resentment, Outcast
• Bereavement, Suicide, Murder, Miscarriages, Loss, Loneliness
• Divorce or Separation, Change
• Unresolved ‘baggage’ from the past, old Hurts, Trauma (PTSD) Regrets, Shame, Anger, or Sadness
• Work-Related, Bullying, Stress, Career changes, new Challenges,
• Personality struggles, Narcissistic, Passive Aggressive, Antisocial, or OCD
• Low self-esteem, poor body image, Low Confidence, Procrastination,
• Food, weight and eating problems - Over-eatering, Bulimia, Anorexia
• Self harm, Cutting, Illness or Addiction
• Not Feeling Good Enough, feeling a sense of Shame, Hurt, or Failure
Together WE Can...
• Work Out what is going wrong (and why?)
• Resolve confusing issues
• Change destructive patterns
• Understand and work through feelings
• Improve relationships
• Get your Mojo back
I offer counselling and psychotherapy online for those who are geographically further away or find the convenience useful. Skype therapy sessions are flexible to give you the opportunity to talk about events that you have experienced in life, that now impact on the way you feel about yourself and your future.
I use Transactional Analysis creatively in my work to help you to understand yourself, what you want to change to achieve a different outcome, and how to go about changing things in a way that suits you.
I really enjoy my work. It is rewarding and a privilege to enable people to step into their own personal power, to enjoy their lives and experience personal freedom, sometimes for the first time.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have worked for NHS at GP surgeries providing counselling to patients (particularly patients who were experiencing illness, anxiety and depression) and as a college counsellor working with students at a HE college. At present, I also work at The University of Nottingham and Nottingham Trent University supporting and mentoring students. With this experience I have been privileged to work with a wide variety of people from all walks of life and all ages, especially individuals facing unwanted change in their lives, experiencing feelings of shame and sadness without a voice.
I have a diverse background in teaching, sales and design.
• PGCD - Diploma in Transactional Analysis
• Diploma in Transactional Analysis Counselling
• Certificate in Transactional Analysis
• Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling
• Advd Certificate in Person-Centred Counselling
• Advanced Certificate in Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) Skills
• Certificate in Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) Skills
I subscribe to the code of ethical and professional practice of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I work with regular supervision and am committed to my ongoing Continuing Professional Development.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- £45 for Individuals (50 minutes session)
- £75 for Couples (60 minutes session)
Fee concessions available depending on circumstances.
You are welcome to contact me without obligation, for more information or with any questions you may have about your issue or psychotherapy.
I can offer you a free telephone or face to face consultation for us to talk briefly about what you are bringing to therapy.
Please enquire by telephone or email.
On street parking available.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client