Rachel Green MBACP Dip Integrative Counsellor & Life Coach
Suffolk Therapy Centre
291 Woodbridge Road
If you are at a difficult or emotionally challenging point in your life, it can help to talk to somebody. We all experience emotional difficulties, sometimes feeling overwhelmed. Sometimes we bottle things up and maybe isolate ourselves. It's also tempting to struggle on but as hard as we try sometimes things can become too uncomfortable or painful to ignore and it may be difficult to share our worries with family or friends. Many of us feel stressed, anxious or depressed from time to time, but if these begin to dominate your mood for weeks or months, it may be a good time to seek professional help.
As an experienced and professionally qualified Integrative counsellor and Life-Coach, I endeavour to offer a warm safe space to explore feelings, encouraging and empowering people to overcome personal challenges and supporting them through emotionally distressing times.
People are unique. I feel counselling needs to reflect this so I ensure that my approach is tailored specifically to your personal needs. My passion for helping people discover and maximize their potential and self-worth flows into my work. I am creative, expressive and blend this with empathy, compassion, deep respect and humour. I work in a friendly, flexible and collaborative way as I support and encourage you; and at all times we go at your pace and with your agenda.
Life is full of twists and turns and you do not need to be in a crisis to reach out for support. Change can sometimes feel overwhelming, even if you are the one making it happen. You are not alone in feeling this way. Counselling can help you handle the many transitions in life, offering you time to reflect on your life and relationships, the possibilities for change, and to gain clarity on how best to move forward.
My experience of working with all clients has taught me that most people need someone who will truly listen to them, free from judgment, criticism or blame. And along the way people begin to get to know themselves and gain understanding about what really matters to them.
In all my work, I am aware that the body and the mind are inextricably linked. Anxiety, for example, isn’t just a psychological experience, but can include a fast beating heart, a churning stomach, and/or other symptoms. Where appropriate, my approach to therapy includes psycho-education about how the brain and body respond physiologically to stressors, and body-based exercises designed to reduce the impact of such symptoms.
The relationship between you and your counsellor is critical, especially if you are feeling vulnerable, overwhelmed, anxious or depressed. I understand that finding the right therapist can be a confusing and daunting process, so I hope that the information provided here helps you to decide if the services I offer are right for you. My aim is to provide a high quality, professional service that focuses on your unique needs and concerns to ensure you get the most from your therapy experience.
I offer a free 30-minute telephone call to discuss your concerns and clarify how I might be able to help before booking an appointment. This may help you decide if you would like to engage in therapy at this stage and whether or not I am the right therapist for you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling (BACP Accredited Course Programme Gold Book Standards)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Diploma in Life Coaching
- Diploma in Nutritional Therapy
- Diploma in Clinical Nutritional Therapeutics
My training includes the following:
- Coaching – Personal and Professional
- Cognitive and Behavioural Therapies (CBT)
- Fear Based Beliefs
- Group Work
- Humanistic/ Person-Centered Counselling
- Personal Effectiveness
- Positive Communications
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Risk Assessments
- Transactional Analysis
- Business - My background in customer service and human resources developed skills, experience and tools to reduce or eliminate work-place stress and improve relationships.
I have also been involved in conflict resolution.
- Family Dynamics – My personal and clinical experience has developed a thorough appreciation of the formation of family roles and dynamic’s, and the way in which they shape your self-image, future relationships and your view of the world.
- Eating Disorders – I have co-facilitated group talks and workshops, and conducted written research in the origin, pathology, effects and treatment of the myriad of Eating Disorders.
- Hospice Work - My work with terminally ill people has given me a greater understanding of the power of acceptance – that sometimes, accepting the situation releases the shackles of stress, struggle and strife. And I’ve witnessed with numerous clients that this alone can be extremely therapeutic and healing.
- Samaritans – As a volunteer for the Samaritan, I have sat alongside people in the deepest of despair and when suicide seems their only solution.
Code of ethics and professional standards:
I am a Registered Member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) and of the Suffolk Association for Counselling.
I abide by the BACP’s Ethical Framework for Good Practice and requirements for Data Protection.
I undertake monthly clinical supervision and maintain continued professional development (CPD) to update my skills and widen my experience by attending courses and seminars.
I hold Professional Indemnity Insurance and an Enhanced Criminal Record Bureau (DBS) disclosure certifying me as suitable for work with vulnerable adults and children.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
If you have a concern that isn't indicated by the above 'tick-boxes', please feel free to call me on 07511 736155, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, to see if I am able to help you.
Other Therapies Offered:
Personal and Professional Life Coaching:
Life coaching can help in many different aspects of life. I specialise in working with people who want to make positive changes in their lives.
Everyone experiences struggles and emotionally unsettling times. Whilst we may not be able to change the event we can change how we view the situation and give it a more empowering meaning. This shift in perception moves you from a place of powerlessness and into one of feeling more in control of your life. And when you feel empowered, fear, anxiety and depression all become more manageable, conquerable or a thing of the past.
So often fear, anxiety and depression keeps you from living the life you dream and deserve. Together we look at where this came from, what’s holding you back and explore ways in which you can move forward.
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Person-centred therapy
- Psychoanalytical and psychodynamic
- Psychodynamic therapy
Sessions are usually 60 minutes. This allows time for you to arrive and settling in, 50 minutes therapy and time to check out before leaving. 90-minute sessions are also available on request.
I provide both short-term and open-ended therapy.
Prices range from £35-£70 depending on location and session time.
Juggling work, family and personal commitments can be difficult so I offer early morning appointments and weekend sessions.
I work from Life-Force, Colchester, Essex CO1, The Suffolk Therapy Centre, Ipswich, Suffolk IP4, and also from my quiet counselling room in Felixstowe, Suffolk IP11.
I also offer telephone and Skype sessions, and some home visits. For more details, please contact me on 07511 736155, or send an email to email@example.com
You can call me on 07511 736155, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can arrange an initial consultation to discuss your needs, expectations and any questions you may have.
- “it was like having an emotional massage” - BL
- “I was surprised how much she remembered, and for the first time I felt someone really understood what I was going through…” TD
- “I liked the ways in which she used gentle humour to challenge me” -SE
“She believed in me at I time when I didn’t believe in myself and helped me begin to look at my life through brighter eyes” - CP
“Knowing that my anxiety and depression was a normal reaction after I lost my child made all the difference because I started to release the guilt and realised that I was normal” - WS
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I operate a flexible appointment system. Evening appointments are available from Monday-Friday. I also offer some early morning appointments and weekend sessions.
Types of client