Resilence & Self Esteem Specialist | Rachel Cooke MA BA Dip MNCP
2 Victoria Avenue
29 Throgmorton Street
0800 772 0236 / 07591 575260
Hello and welcome! Please do take a couple of minutes to read on and see if you think we'd make a good fit. Perhaps you're feeling anxious, down, dissatisfied or overwhelmed? Are you living in the present moment, or, like most people, cycling between guilt and regrets about the past... mixed with worrying about the future?
I specialise in working with people experiencing anxiety, self esteem, depression and relationship issues. I attract people who have a sense that they could feel so much more calm, happy and engaged in life, but right now things are all a bit meh. You may well be in your late 20s or 30s, tired of your career, relationship (or lack thereof) or current lifestyle... I can help.
"Rachel is different to any therapist I've tried - we really connected. She's so insightful, funny, calm, kind and I've grown so much while seeing her. She really just gets me. I understand myself so much better and am moving forward like I never thought I could. Honestly just talk to her and you'll know if she's right for you."
- JD, London
The vast majority of us have faulty or low self-esteem; this is the basis of my work. Poor self worth leads to symptoms of anxiety and depression in many shapes and forms; it also often leads to issues in relationships, be it with partners, families, friends, colleagues or meeting new people. We develop negative and redundant scripts in our lives and can get really locked in.
I have worked successfully with thousands of individuals and couples in the past 7 years. I have a Master's Degree in Integrative therapy, meaning that I've trained in different types of therapy/counselling so that I can effectively adapt to you as an individual. I have also trained in mindulness, NLP, Emotionally Focused Therapy and coaching, so that I can offer a highly effective blend of coaching therapy.
Contact me on 07591 575260 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free, no obligation 20 minute consultation to find out how I can help you.
How do I work?
I work a bit differently to many other counsellors or therapists, which may be why my clients consistently reach the goals we set together for therapy. As research has shown over the past several decades, the outcomes or success of therapy is not down to your therapist's training or experience. It's about the quality of the therapeutic relationship.
For me, the relationship between you and I is the most important part of therapy. Once we base this on openness, honesty and authenticity... you will start seeing positive changes.
I'm easy to open up to, genuine, warm, see therapy as a very collaborative process and easily find a place for humour in our sessions.
I also offer couples counselling for those who want to work with their partners on the issues they're experiencing.
Where do I work?
I work from attractive, private rooms very close to Liverpool Street and Bank stations.
I offer face to face and telephone (call and text) sessions.
I also have extensive experience with online therapy (Skype, instant messaging, email), providing a safe, welcoming and non-judgemental environment to explore what's going on for you.
What type of therapy do I practice?
I'm a fully qualified, accredited and insured Counselling Psychotherapist with a Master's Degree in Integrative therapy. This means I utilise a range of types of therapy to allow me to tailor my approach to suit you as effectively as possible. These include CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, which focuses on how a person’s thoughts and perceptions affect the way they feel and behave), psychodynamic (sees human functioning as based upon the interaction of drives and forces within the person, particularly unconscious ones) and humanistic therapy (focuses on self-development and growth. Recognises a person's strengths, creativity and choice in the here and now) as well as many branches within those three main approaches.
I’m a Clinical Hypnotherapist as well as an NLP (neuro-linguistic programming), Mindfulness Meditation and EFT Practitioner. EFT is a particularly gentle and effective technique for painful or traumatic memories, so we have many tools to work with and adapt to your needs. I also follow Brené Brown's work on shame and vulnerability which has added an incredible new dimension to my work with my clients.
I welcome all GSRD (Gender, Sex and Relationship Diversities) clients, which includes LGBTQIA+ and those who identify as kinky and/or non-monogamous. I have experience in and regularly work with a range of issues, some of which include: abuse, addictions, anger management, generalised anxiety, bereavement, grief, loss, body image, childhood issues, confidence, depression, disability, eating disorders, family issues, gender issues, IBS, identity, life transitions such as parenthood, separation, divorce and retirement, OCD, phobias, panic disorder / panic attacks, pain management, PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), relationship issues, seasonal affective disorder (SAD), self esteem, self harm, sexual issues, spirituality, stress, suicidal thoughts and trauma as well as the many other things that life can throw at us.
What should I expect from therapy?
We talk. I don't judge. It's a safe, confidential space for you to be you.
My job is to help you help yourself. The goal of my coaching therapy is to empower you with ways to deal with life so that you can live, feel and be as you want. Let me know you how we can work together to find the right decisions and solutions for you.
Let's shift your script! Call 0800 772 0236 or 07591 575260 or email email@example.com today.
Training, qualifications & experience
Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy
PHTA (Psychotherapy and Hypnotherapy Training Academy)
Cruse Bereavement training
Online Counselling training
EFTTA (EFT Training Academy)
Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy Level 2
MA Integrative Psychotherapy, University of East London
Higher Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy and Hypnotherapy, PHTA, Regent's College London
HPD (Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma)
EFT Level 2
NLP Practitioner, NLP Dynamics
Counsellor with addictions clinic
Online counsellor with Irish charity
Counsellor at a mental health charity
Group counsellor at an eating disorders clinic
Online counsellor for adolescents and young adults
Private practice since 2009
Own and run a large website for a group of 10 specialised therapists
I have attended workshops on anger management, stress and anxiety, CBT, The Daring Way by Brene Brown, couples counselling, self-harm, rebuilding relationships, NLP, therapeutic coaching, treating pain psychologically, alternatives to medication for depression.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Bulimia nervosa
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Vulnerability and Shame
- Life transitions: Divorce, Parenthood, Retirement etc.
- Social Anxiety/Social Confidence
- Social Media Addiction
- Overeating/Emotional eating
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
Face to Face
£80 per 50 minute session (£75 before 5pm)
£450 per 6 x 50 minute sessions booked at once (£75 per session)
Online - Skype/Instant Messaging
£75 per 50 minute session
£420 per 6 x 50 minute sessions booked at once (£70 per session)
Online - Email: Minimum 4 x 500 word emails
£50 per week
I have a small number of sliding scale/low cost places, please enquire
• Working with Rachel was a complete life changer for me. Her relaxed, supportive and understanding approach enabled me to be honest when speaking with her and helped me to recognise the thought patterns and behaviours which had been inhibiting me in moving forward in my life. Her practical advice and strategies were easily integrated into my life meaning I went from being on the verge of crippling depression to getting the happy and light version of myself back. Working with Rachel has allowed me to make enormous gains in my life and I will continue to use the strategies which I learnt with her. Entirely grateful Rachel - thank you so much! Olivia, 32, NZ
• I honestly thought I was at the end of the line until I stumbled upon Rachel and P-Therapy while Googling depression. It took 3 months for me to start to regain my sense of self, hope and enjoyment in life but I GOT THERE with the help of my wonderful therapist. I'll never forget what she helped me not only to understand, but to believe and embody: "Depression is living in the past, Anxiety is living in the future. Living in the Present is... Living!". Thank you for giving me back my life. Sara, 26, UK
• It's not an overstatement that I was a wreck this time last year. Drugs, alcohol, gambling, you name it I was doing it. I had tried counselling a couple of times but either wasn't ready for it or it just didn't work for me. I sent an email not expecting much and was really surprised by the thoughtful, personal response. I decided to embark on a fairly intense 3 sessions a week and the addictions began to melt away one by one. I still have off days and sometimes slip up but I've gained an understanding of myself and why I do what I do that will be invaluable to me. Gerry, 34, UK
• Online therapy wasn't something I thought would work for me or be effective for anyone, but when my arthritis and fibromyalgia got out of control I simply couldn't have made it outside of my house without breaking down. Despite my skepticism Rachel used hypnosis and EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique, check it out!) to massively reduce my pain as well as my reaction to it. I feel much more calm, in control and am able to get out and about like I hadn't in 3 years. Skype therapy really worked for me and I continue to use the techniques Rachel taught me every day. Jess, 52, India
• I spent the afternoon just enjoying the sun on my face, the sounds of the birds and the wonderful smells. Who knew something so simple could make you so happy? Thanks for listening, for understanding, for getting to know me - the light and the dark. It's a new dawn, it's a new day and I'm feeling good. Francis, 67, UK
• I had quite severe bulimia for many years. It wasn't exactly ruining my life but something in the back of my mind always said I needed to get help. As I started to experience more side effects I sought help at P-Therapy. I wasn't very committed in the beginning but the counsellor was really patient, understanding and challenging when it really mattered. I was often avoidant, dismissive, cranky and hormonal but Rachel stuck by me. I feel very differently about how I relate to myself and other people, I also actually now LIKE the person I am! Soon I was able to stop throwing up and bingeing, I can truly say that disordered eating is not a part of my life anymore. Anyone who needs help with an eating disorder should try contacting this site. Jean, 22, Ireland
• Maybe I should be mortified to say that I used to have sexual problems, but I'm not now, not least because they're gone! My counsellor was extremely capable and made me feel both safe and comfortable - something I wasn't used to feeling. We worked on my chronic impotence and sexual fetishes. The therapy was a perfect blend of practical and emotional work which allowed me to move at my own pace and see noticeable progression. Rachel believe it or not I'm in a really good place and a happy, fulfilling relationship now, though I know you won't be surprised, you always believed in me. Thanks again. Jonathan, 42, UK
• Trauma and neglect in my childhood had left me feeling like a hopeless case. I went from one alcoholic partner to another, reaffirming my worthlessness over and over. A recommendation from a good friend led me to P-Therapy and I thank God I picked up the phone when I did. My therapist was so warm and gentle with me, she nurtured me when I needed it most. It's taken time but I'm almost unrecognisable. I have a great job I love, fantastic friends, hobbies and interests that fulfil me and I know love is around the corner. I have now gone on dates with balanced men and made the conscious choice that although they were good people they weren't the one for me. I've found peace with myself. Abigail, 36, UK
• I'm quite embarrassed still to admit I had an addiction - a social media addiction. I spent literally hours and hours a day on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, whatever! Not only was it consuming my time but it was getting in the way of work, friends, my marriage and even sleep. I couldn't find a therapist I liked in my area so turned to the internet... I went for telephone sessions in the end at the suggestion of my therapist. We went for a Mindfulness mixed with CBT approach as they seemed to perfectly suit my needs. I could see an improvement after 2 sessions and continued for another 8. I am happy to say I now use social media for 30 mins or less a day, have taken up new sports and hobbies and my relationship with my wife is flourishing. I may well come back to therapy some day but for now I'm really happy with what I've achieved and how things are going. Richard, 30, Australia
• Something bad happens. I feel anxiety. I use OCD behaviours to feel better. Something bad happens. I feel anxiety. And so on. That's how I thought I would live the rest of my life. My relationship with my beloved began to break down because of my anxiety and OCD and I know I had to sort it out as I didn't want to let this person go. My wonderful psychotherapist spent quite some time helping me to grasp that I needed to want to change for myself for the therapy to really be successful, it took me a few sessions to understand that wanting to change just to keep someone else wasn't the same as me wanting to change for my own good. I began to understand, accept and even LOVE myself, something I'd never have fathomed before. Once that happened I became really committed to my recovery and my therapist gave me loads of resources and work I could do. Probably the best thing I did was keep a journal - I wrote every day about my thoughts, feelings, dreams, desires, as well as the dark side of me that I'd never acknowledged before. It stimulated my creativity and I began painting, writing poems, sculpting, meditating. All of these things really helped my fears and anxiety, once I had a handle on that the OCD all but disappeared. I'm incredibly grateful for what Rachel did, we were a team, a winning team! Federica, 33, UK
• I will make this short and sweet. I want to say a huge "thank you" Rachel for your encouragement and support in the last months. I have found our sessions invaluable and I would recommend anyone having difficulties to contact P-Therapy. The only thing you have to lose by getting in touch is your problems! Mohammed, 46, Dubai
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday-Friday 8am-11pm Saturday 10am-2pm
Types of client