Rachel Burton Dip. Psychodynamic Counselling, reg. MBACP BA(hons)
I have a number of years' experience counselling and I provide therapy to adults, adolescents and children. I embrace an understanding that where you've come from often affects where you are now, and therefore will influence the direction of your future. My approach offers the opportunity to explore, come to terms with, and ultimately move on from experiences, thoughts and emotions which may have been holding you back. Alternatively you may simply want a space where you can develop a sense of who you are in relation to the world and other people. My aim is to provide a non-judgemental and safe environment within which a relationship of trust can be fostered. Often talking to an impartial person who is experienced and empathic is the beginning of you finding the solutions to your problems. So whether you find yourself in the midst of difficulty or just want to explore more about who you are, working with me could be the way forward for you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I have an accredited Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling from the Wpf, a leading institution in the field.
- I have worked with a range of people from children, adolescents, young adults through to folk in their older years.
- I also work in a school setting for the children's counselling organisation Place2Be.
- I have worked for the NHS taking referrals.
- Prior to Private Practice, I have years of experience working for The Counselling Centre in Tunbridge Wells, a training and counselling provider dealing with a range of clients including GP referrals.
- I work in time-limited and open-ended counselling.
- I use play and art materials in my practice for therapeutic benefit when working with children.
- I am registered with a professional body, the BACP and abide by their code of ethics.
- I am supervised by specialists in the adult and child psychotherapeutic fields respectively to ensure best practice is upheld for each client.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Eating disorders
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
I charge £35 a session. All sessions last 50 minutes.
You will have the opportunity over two initial consultation sessions to see whether or not you feel I am the right person to help you. There is absolutely no obligation to continue to the second meeting if you feel you would prefer not to.
When working with a child under the age of consent the initial assessment with parents/guardians is free of charge.
I work from a quiet room in a modernised Edwardian house within reach of Bexhill centre, and close to Bexhill hospital. There is free parking available on adjacent streets, and it is also on bus routes or a 20 minute walk from Bexhill train station.
I am insured.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I can offer daytime or evening appointments.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|