At Positive South we have a passion for helping people to learn to love themselves and reach their own full potential.
If you can understand your own core beliefs and work on changing them, you can then focus on building your self worth and begin to have a better relationship with yourself and others. We think it is important to build your self esteem and this cannot be underestimated. It affects your behaviour and thoughts. It changes how you feel about and value yourself.
Self esteem affects your confidence, without confidence in what you can do and in who you are, you have less chance of happiness and success. Self esteem will also help you at work. Having better confidence and positive attitude will enable you to look and feel your best. Why waste money on looking your best on the outside if you do not feel your best on the inside?
- Self esteem can be the difference between success and failure
- Esteem can affect your thinking, causing your outlook to be positive or negative
- Esteem affects your confidence
- It affects your self image
- If you do not value yourself how will you be able to value others.
- Self esteem enables you to have the right attitude to succeed at work
- It affects your happiness
Working one to one with the same counsellor, we offer a six-week individual counselling course that involves building your self-esteem, by using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, to identify and analyse your own personal beliefs and bring them to your conscious, enabling you to work on and challenge them.
The first half of the session will focus on building your self-esteem, whilst the second half will be for you to talk about any issues you wish to bring to the session. You will be assigned a counsellor at the beginning of the course who will work with you throughout the six weeks. If you feel you wish to continue with 1:1 counselling at the end of the six-week course, this can be arranged with your counsellor.
Training, qualifications & experience
All counsellors that are employed by Positive South have registered with BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) and are qualified.
Counselling Therapies that will be used throughout the course will include – Humanistic Therapy, Gestalt, Personal Centred, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Motivational Interviewing.
Member organisations *
Areas of counselling we deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Carer support
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- £250 for six weeks course- you will being working one to one with the same counsellor for the six weeks.
- Installment plan available.
- Discounts apply to people on a low income.
Positive South was set up in the Spring of 2016 in Southampton. We felt there were no courses available on the South Coast to help with low self esteem, low self worth and in a one to one session with an individual counsellor.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday-Friday between 10am -9pm Saturday 10am -4pm.
Types of client