Pippa Rashbrook BA (Hons) Couns Reg MBACP Accred
I counsel young people and adults in Woking and Guildford, Surrey, helping with issues ranging from depression, SAD, anxiety, panic disorder, relationships and addiction, sexual abuse and other forms of abuse to PTSD, DID and complex trauma.
How Counselling Can Help
My passion is to help people overcome issues they feel limit them, to enable them to live more satisfying, fulfilled lives. We all have times when life just doesn't seem to work how we would like it to. I provide a professional space where your concerns can be explored safely and confidentially, allowing you to come to a greater understanding of yourself. You can then make more informed choices going forward, bringing a greater sense of wellbeing. I tailor my work to each individual, drawing from my extensive training background and experience.
I work with people of all ages and the many varying, unique issues they bring, in Woking, Surrey, and provide a quiet, calm space to work together. I also work as a counsellor at the Academy of Contemporary Music in Guildford with the students, and at a girls secondary school.
My work is ‘person-centred’ which means you and your unique issues and needs are my central concern. I work at your pace, to avoid any overwhelm. My belief that we all have intrinsic value and are unique, comprising of body, mind, soul and spirit, is reflected in my work where I provide a peaceful, un-judging space to hear and work with your concerns.
I have a particular interest in trauma recovery – be that from growing up in difficult circumstances, ‘one off’ traumatic incidents, sexual abuse survivors or other types of abuse, PTSD or complex trauma resulting in DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder). The legacy of physical, mental and emotional symptoms that traumas can leave behind are worked with in a sensitive, gentle, respectful way. I have trained with the Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute, based in Colorado, USA, which is dedicated to trauma recovery.
Training, qualifications & experience
Professional Qualifications and Assurances
- Certification for the Treatment of Trauma with the Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute, Colorado, USA
- BA (Hons) in Counselling from the University of Greenwich
- Foundation degree (FdA) in Humanistic Counselling from the University of Greenwich
- Registered, Accredited Membership of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (Reg MBACP Accred). This means I have reached the required professional standard for accredited membership, and adhere to the BACP’s Code of Ethics and complaints procedure
- Member of the Trauma and Abuse Group (TAG)
- Alumni Member of the Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute
- Many professional trainings including bereavement and loss and working with addictions
- Enhanced CRB Disclosure
- Open House Counselling Service, Guildford YMCA Counsellor to under 35s
- Academy of Contemporary Music (ACM), Guildford Student counsellor
- Private Practice in Woking, Surrey Including referrals from GP surgeries, emergency services and personal recommendation
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID)
Sessions are usually weekly, 50 minutes in duration, and charged at £60.00. Two sessions a week are sometimes beneficial if you are struggling with complex trauma, and we can chat that through on an individual basis.
Please contact me by phone or email with your questions, and we can work out the best way forward for you.
There is easy off-street parking.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client