Philip Cahill HPDip (Couns) MBACP(Accred). IACPM (Accred.)
I am an Integrative Counsellor with many years experience of working with a Solution Focused approach. I will work with you to help you identify the issues which stop you realising your full potential, and find ways in which you can better manage the problems you face. The cornerstones of my practice are respect, empathy and compassion.
I have experience of counselling people with a wide variety of issues, both in private practice and with voluntary organisations. I also deliver group training programmes dealing with anger management and thinking skills.
I can help with Understanding and reducing Anxiety, Understanding and coping with Depression. & Managing Anger and Anxiety.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (2004) - Workscene Training
- Certificate in Facilitative Leadership (2005) - Interaction Institute for Social Change
- Level 3 NVQ Counselling (2006) - City & Guilds
- Level 4 Higher Professional Diploma in Counselling (2007) - City & Guilds (Distinction)
- Mediation Training (2008) - Dialogue for Peaceful Change
- Certificate Advanced Training in Solution Focused Brief Therapy (2009) - Derry Well Woman Centre
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
£40 per hour.
Day, evening and weekend appointments available in North, South and East Belfast.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|