Petersfield Counselling Service
PO Box 43
07833 966 974
Petersfield Counselling Service is a friendly and professional organisation based in Petersfield, Hampshire. Offering short and long term counselling to people 18 years and over, our aim is to offer affordable, low cost and helpful counselling to clients facing a range of difficulties.
Counselling is based on listening and offering clients the space to find their own way forward. Supporting you in understanding past events, worries about the future or lack of confidence can be helpful in providing change and helping you to find the direction in your life that you are seeking.
Together with a counsellor you can reflect on life events and explore the ways in which you relate to yourself and others. Counsellors do not offer advice or make judgements on you and your life, rather they assist you in creating the space in which you can make your own choices.
Clients come to Petersfield Counselling Service to address emotional, personal and relationship problems.
These difficulties may include:
• Redundancy or job worries
• Family issues
• Loss and bereavement
• Emotional and physical abuse
This list is by no means exhaustive, so if you are having difficulties contact us to arrange an appointment with one of our intake counsellors where you can discuss your difficulties further.
Petersfield Counselling Services is a professionally run independent and confidential counselling service. It was founded in 1987 as an initiative of the Churches and caring professions in Petersfield.
PCS is administered by a Management Committee drawn from the caring professions in the community who provide professional advice.
PCS abides by the Code of Ethics and Practice of The British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
All of our counsellors have undertaken professional training to at least Diploma level. In addition we offer placements to carefully selected students who are in the final stages of their Diploma training.
Areas of counselling we deal with
- Emotional abuse
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
While no-one is refused help for financial reasons, PCS is a charity and we need your support to cover training, supervision and administrative costs. Counsellors give their time and skills voluntarily; however, the cost of providing the service to the highest standards increases every year.
Each session costs the Service £45 and we ask you to pay this if you are able, otherwise a suggested sliding scale for suggested donation is available. This is based on household income. Clients are invited for an assessment session which costs £20 to determine if PCS is the right Service to support your needs. This also offers a chance to discuss to the donation you can make. Should you proceed into counselling, your counsellor will review your contributions every six months or if your circumstances change.
The donation guideline suggestion is on a sliding scale depending on your income. The minimum donation recommended per intake appointment and/or per ongoing session is £15 for those in financial difficulty, otherwise as below.
Household income below £10,000
Up to £15.00 per session
Household income over £10,000
£15.00 per session
Household income over £15,000
£20.00 per session
Household income over £20,000
£25.00 per session
Household income over £25.000
£30.00 per session
Household income over £30,000
£35.00 per session
Household income over £35,000
£40.00 per session
Household income over £40.000
£45.00 per session
If a donation is to be below £15 per session this needs to be referred to the Director for approval before commencement of counselling stating reasons and possible affordable donation.
The above is only a guide, no one would be refused counselling due to financial circumstances.
To arrange to see a counsellor, or to explore your thoughts around counselling please give us a call to discuss your needs. To arrange an appointment to see one of our intake counsellors simply:
• Contact Petersfield Counselling Service on 07833 966 974. Details of when the receptionist is available to take calls will be left on the message, alternatively leave a message and our Intake receptionist will call you back as soon as possible. This can be up to a week after calling, but we endeavour to make contact within three working days.
• An intake appointment will be arranged for you to meet with one of our intake counsellors. This session offers you the opportunity to discuss why you are considering counselling at this time, and provides Petersfield Counselling Service with the opportunity to work with you to ensure that we are the best service to support you. If we did not feel we could help you this session can be used to look at alternative sources of support.
• Following the intake appointment, assuming you wish to proceed into counselling at Petersfield Counselling Service, and we are best placed to support you, you will be put on a short waiting list.
• A counsellor will then contact you and arrange to see you. Your counselling will take place weekly, and each session will last 50 minutes. The cost of your sessions is based on household income. Session are paid for weekly.
Petersfield Counselling Service is open to anyone, regardless of race, religion, sexuality, gender or financial status.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|