I am able to offer one to one counselling in a confidential setting from a dedicated therapy room in my house in Carshalton (near Sutton in South West London). I work with clients who are experiencing any of the following:
- Addictions (including alcohol, drugs, sex and pornography)
- Worries about older age and retirement
- Relationship issues (both straight and gay)
- Marital problems
If you would like to arrange an initial session to discuss your situation and to determine whether I would be able to help you work through the issues that are troubling you, please contact me to arrange an initial session for which there would be no charge.
I would work with you to help you explore your childhood and adolescence as well as your current concerns and worries since many of the issues and problems we face as adults have their roots in our earlier life. I use a combination of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and psychotherapy to help clients deal with the issues confronting them.
I can offer both short term (6-12 weeks) and long term (more than 3 months) counselling. We can discuss this with when we meet for an initial session.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have been a practising counsellor since 2009 and I am a registered British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy member (MBACP). I was trained integratively over a three year period (2006-9) to use a variety of different approaches in my counselling practice. I hold the following counselling qualifications:
- A BACP accredited Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling.
- Continuing Professional Development certificates in CBT, Psychosexual Therapy, Personality Disorder and Attachment Theory.
- A Postgraduate Diploma in "Attachment Theory".
- I am currently studying for an MA in Advanced Clinical Practice (Counselling & Psychotherapy)
In addition to my private practice, I also work as a counsellor for MIND, the mental health charity.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
My fees are £35-40 per 50 minute session which would normally be weekly. I am able to offer both daytime and evening appointments.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|