Hello, thanks for visiting my profile.
I am based in Lewes, near Brighton, East Sussex and I am a qualified counsellor with a diploma in Gestalt Counselling. As a registered member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) I work within their professional and ethical guidelines to ensure good practice and a safe, comfortable environment for my clients.
I work in a confidential, respectful, sensitive and intuitive way with an emphasis on understanding your world and what works for you. I seek to support you in an uncritical way and encourage you to explore areas of difficulty and face challenges if and when you feel ready.
I trained in Counselling at Birkbeck College, Goldsmiths College and The Gestalt Centre, London.
Over the years I have worked as a counsellor in a G.P.’s surgery in London specialising in bereavement and loss and at Victoria Hospital in Lewes as a counsellor for Action for Change.
For many years I have been involved in the field of personal development and have trained in Canada, New York and the UK. My studies have included Gestalt therapy, Bereavement, CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy), Awareness and Mindfulness training, Group Therapy, Drug and Alcohol Counselling, Meditation, Reflexology, Drama Workshops and developing potential in community projects.
Also, over the years and throughout my training I have received many hours of personal and group therapy which, I feel, enriches my skills as a counsellor.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Gestalt Counselling, Gestalt Centre, London.
- Certificate in Person Centred Counselling, Goldsmiths College, London.
- Certificate in Counselling Theory, Birkbeck College, London.
- Drug and alcohol Counselling Certificate, Action for Change, Hastings.
- Certificate in Bereavement Counselling, Lewisham Bereavement service, London.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Initial sessions are free.
- Subsequent sessions are £40 per hour.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any queries.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|