Peter Cunningham Dip.Couns, MBACP
100 Oakleigh Road North
Station Road Wellness Centre
12 Station Road
020 8351 2683 / 07825 560259
I am committed to working with you to resolve whatever is troubling you and leading you to seek counselling at this time.
I am a Person Centred counsellor and I completed my training in 2003. Since then I have worked in private practice and have had experience of working in the NHS and as a counsellor in primary schools.
I work with teenagers, adults and couples. I also work with children from reception upwards using non-directive play therapy.
I practice in N11, N13, N20 and in Epping, Essex and I also work online via Skype.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Areas of counselling I have worked with include: anxiety, bereavement, relationship problems, neo-natal death, sexual abuse, domestic violence, alcohol related issues, suicide and self harm, cultural issues, refugee and asylum seeker issues, loneliness and depression.
- I have a diploma in therapeutic counselling and specialise in Person Centred therapy.
- I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and committed to its Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling. I'm also subject to its professional conduct procedures.
- I worked as a volunteer play therapist for the Place2Be for three and a half years based in primary schools. During that time I received additional training in this field of work and regular supervision.
- For one year I worked as a counsellor at White Lodge Medical Practice (NHS) in Enfield
- I am Chair of Hillingdon BAPCA (British Association for the Person Centred Approach) and regularly attend their experiential meetings as part of my ongoing personal and professional development.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
From £40 for 50 minutes (or 1 hour online).
Please feel free to contact me by phone or email if you require any other information about my service.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and evening appointments
Types of client