Peter Boswell BA Hons MBACP
2&4 Millers Yard
The Focus Centre
18 John Street
Hello. I understand that deciding to come for therapy can feel very daunting. As a registered member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) and a Gestalt therapist in advanced clinical training (UKCP), you can be assured of being treated in a professional and ethical way. In addition to my private practice I also work for 'Letstalk' NHS working in their IAPT service.
What happens when you come for counselling?
We will explore whatever has lead you to seek counselling, together, in a collaborative, secure and ethical way.
As a therapist, I work in a relational way with my clients, using both an Integrative and a Gestalt approach in my work. Essentially that means that we would explore your experience of what it is like to be you the world, dealing very much with the here and now of your life, and as we work together the echoes of the past will become apparent quite naturally, and we will work with them accordingly.
I find that what appears to help my clients the most, is having an open, non-judgemental attitude to what is happening for them in their lives, and helping them to prioritise what it is that is most important for them to work on in therapy. Interestingly, when we work together in this way, they sometimes find themselves surprised at what it is that they do actually choose to put their focus on.
The BACP is the professional body of which I am a member. For your reassurance here is a link to the BACP's ethical framework within which it is recommended that counsellors should work, and which I adhere to:. http://www.bacp.co.uk/ethical_framework/ using this link you can download a copy of the ethical framework which will give you an idea of what you can expect whether you come to me or somebody else for counselling
My therapy practice is operated from three locations in Yorkshire:
Millers Yard located on Gillygate in York city centre
Easily reached by all road and rail networks and within sight of the Minster, Millers Yard is a location that is very easy to access, with rooms that are tranquil and very pleasant for us to meet in.
The Focus Centre on John street in Hull city centre
I meet clients here in Hull, which again is a very tranquil setting situated right in the centre of Hull. Also very easy to access by road and rail.
My own premises in the village of Kilnwick near to Driffield.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have the following qualifications:
- BA Hons in Counselling Studies York St John Universities
- I am a Gestalt therapist in advanced clinical training, in year 3 of a UKCP accredited course
- Foundation Degree in Integrative Counselling at Hull University
- Registered member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists
- University Foundation Award in Integrative Counselling
- numerous short courses as part of my continuing professional development
In addition to providing therapy for general issues, I also have experience in specific areas, including, but not limited to, some of those outlined below:
- extensive experience of working with people who feel suicidal or have attempted suicide in the past
- addiction to prescription as well illicit drugs
- the long-term effects of having been bullied
- working with parents whose children are in the CAMHS system
- transpersonal or issues of a spiritual nature
- working with people who have experienced the murder or violent death of a close family member
- Working with the stress that arises from professional life
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Coming to terms with old age
- Managing stress arising from your professional life
Individuals £40 per hour
Couples £60 per hour
Research is showing that almost regardless of the model of therapy that a therapist uses in his or her work, it is the person of the therapist him or herself that is the most important factor in the work that is done together. How we relate to one another.
It is in relationship with the therapist that all the work of healing is done.
Having a corporate background and having worked for IBM and HP business partners in the Healthcare and Professional Sports industries, I am well placed to work with professional people and the specific stresses that they contend with.
Please feel free to contact me without any obligation whatsoever for an initial discussion about how we may be able to work together. I look forward to hearing from you, and should it transpire that you may require skills other than mine, I will be delighted to suggest colleagues whom I think may be suitable for you to work with.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Given the demands of modern day living I am available to meet clients 7 days per week. Face to face meetings available from 0800 to 1900 .
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|