Peter Boswell BA Hons MBACP
Yorkshire Coaching Counselling and Therapy Centre
26A Vicars Lane
East Riding Of Yorkshire
St Bede's Pastoral Centre
21 Blossom Street
Hello and Welcome to my part of the directory.
How would we work together?
Whatever has lead you to seek counselling or therapy, we will work together, in a collaborative, secure and ethical way, to help you understand how something in your life is causing you to feel the way you do.
I work primarily in a Gestalt way. This means that as we work together the echoes of the past will become apparent quite naturally in the here and now, and we will work with them accordingly.
Rather than just working solely on the 'Issue' or 'Problem' that has brought you to counselling, we will view your issues as being very much a part of the whole of your life. The entirety of you; and work with you to help you understand just how such things are related to other parts of your life. Working together in this way means that we will be working in a way that truly deals with all facets of your life. In the past and the present.
When people understand how these relationships work, it is then that resolution can take place.
I find that what appears to help my clients the most, is having an open, non-judgemental attitude to what is happening for them in their lives, and helping them to prioritise what it is that is most important for them to work on in therapy.
Interestingly, when we work together in this way, my clients often find themselves surprised at what it is that they do actually choose to put their focus on.
Counselling via Skype
For those clients who cannot, or do not wish to, travel to either York or Howden, I also see clients via Skype.
This proves to be extremely successful for those clients who use this service.
- Yorkshire Coaching Counselling and Psychotherapy Centre, Vicar Lane, Howden, East Yorkshire.
- St Bede's Pastoral Centre, 21 Blossom Street, Micklegate, York.
- Kilnwick. Located mid way between Driffield and Beverley.
I understand that deciding to come for therapy can feel very daunting. As a registered member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) and a Gestalt therapist in advanced clinical training (UKCP), you can be assured of being treated in a professional and ethical way. In addition to my private practice I also work with certain clients on behalf of the NHS.
- A degree in Integrative Counselling
- An honours degree in Counselling Studies
- Am about to complete a 4 year diploma in Gestalt Psychotherapy, upon completion of which I will be an accredited Gestalt Psychotherapist.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have the following qualifications:
- BA Hons in Counselling Studies York St John Universities
- I am a Gestalt psychotherapist in advanced clinical training, in the final year of a UKCP accredited course
- Degree in Integrative Counselling at Hull University
- Registered member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists
- University Foundation Award in Integrative Counselling
- numerous short courses as part of my continuing professional development
In addition to providing therapy for general issues, I also have experience in specific areas, including, but not limited to, some of those outlined below:
- extensive experience of working with people who feel suicidal or have attempted suicide in the past
- addiction to prescription as well illicit drugs
- the long-term effects of having been bullied
- working with parents whose children are in the CAMHS system
- transpersonal or issues of a spiritual nature
- working with people who have experienced the murder or violent death of a close family member
- Working with the stress that arises from professional life
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Coming to terms with old age
- Managing stress arising from your professional life
- Relational issues
£40 per hour
Research is showing that almost regardless of the model of therapy that a therapist uses in his or her work, it is the person of the therapist him or herself that is the most important factor in the work that is done together. How we relate to one another.
It is in relationship with the therapist that all the work of healing is done.
Having a corporate background and having worked for IBM and HP business partners in the Healthcare and Professional Sports industries, I am well placed to work with professional people and the specific stresses that they contend with.
I also provide Coaching sessions for those clients who wish to avail themselves of that service rather than therapy.
Please feel free to contact me without any obligation whatsoever for an initial discussion about how we may be able to work together. I look forward to hearing from you, and should it transpire that you may require skills other than mine, I will be delighted to suggest colleagues whom I think may be suitable for you to work with.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Given the demands of modern day living I am available to meet clients 7 days per week. Face to face meetings available from 0800 to 1900 .
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|