07757885414 / 07757885414
Hi my name is Paula and I am an Integrative Counsellor/Psychotherapist who offers both short and long term work to individuals. My aim is to facilitate awareness enabling self growth by offering a safe, accepting and welcoming space for my clients to explore their issues.
Counselling is about helping my clients explore their feelings and emotions with regards to issues affecting them either now or from their past. As a counsellor my role is to act as facilitator enabling my clients to undertake a journey of self discovery. This self discovery allows better understanding of how our experiences affects behaviour and/or present relationships.
Sessions will be confidential and focused on individual needs. The process involves your commitment, your honesty both with yourself and me and a genuine desire to explore. On my part, I have a genuine healing intent and provide commitment, honesty and utmost respect for you as an individual.
I am available evenings and weekends and after assessment available for home visits.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills and Theory
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- CPCAB Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- CPCAB Level 6 Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling Supervision
- NCFE Level 2 Dysfunctional Family Counselling
- ABC Level 3 Grief and Bereavement Counselling
- Safeguarding and Child Protection Workshop attended
- CPD Certified/City & Guilds approved Certificate of Achievement - Aquited Brain Injury Awareness
I have a number of years experience of working with adults and am a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (Registered MBACP).
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Individuals - £40.00 for a 50 minute session
Couples - £60.00 for a 50 minute session
Possible concessions available for people on low incomes - to be discussed
Counselling Students - Concessions available dependant on circumstances
Home visits considered.
As an integrative counsellor I am able to use a range of models to best suit my clients needs. Sessions will be face to face and last 50 minutes for individuals. At the beginning of the therapeutic relationship we will discuss number of sessions. When therapy is open-ended, as opposed to limited, it is important that we regularly review progress to help determine the duration of our work together.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Evenings and weekends
Types of client