Paula Brown - Individual & Couples Counselling, EMDR, Clinical Supervision
9 Millersdale Avenue
Finding the right counsellor is an important step, the fact that you are here means that you have already made the biggest step in recognising you would like some support.
Counselling is a safe space to offload and explore what's going on for you. Counselling is not about me giving you advice. However, I will advise you on how to utilise coping techniques and strategies to support you, to find your own way forward.
I will provide with you my time, commitment and compassion to your needs in a safe and comfortable environment. In working together, this may ease your distress and worries, by breaking things down into sizeable chunks. Counselling includes exploring the past (if relevant) or recognising where depressed feelings maybe coming from, understanding what this means for you in the here and now and evaluate what you need in the present and future and, consider any blocks to these feelings/emotions or anxieties.
I work with individuals and couples.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am qualified to Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling along with further training in Couples/Relationship Therapy and Supervision training in a Certificate in Supervision in 2009 and Diploma in Supervision in 2014. I am also an EMDR Trained Therapist.
I have 10 years counselling experience working in a variety of settings, in bereavement at Cruse Bereavement Care, with mental health issues with students at New College Nottingham and Counsellor Coordinator positions at SYEDA (Eating Disorders Centre in Sheffield) and Central Notts Mind, Mansfield and Counsellor with CARE Fertility. I have been working from home in private practice from January 2010 and since January 2017, I am now working full time from home to enable clients flexibility and easier access to appointments.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
Other areas of counselling I deal with
10 REASONS TO TRY EMDR
1. Improve overall health - EMDR can alleviate PTSD related stress. Research shows a significant link between reducing stress and your physical health.
2. Resolve issues at any age - EMDR may be used effectively for children, teenagers and adults.
3. Overcome Persistent Blocks - EMDR can relieve symptoms that talk and cognitive therapies cannot address as efficiently.
4. Relieve Chronic Symptoms - EMDR therapy can be cost effective as it can address the root cause of chronic symptoms.
5. Think and Feel Better - EMDR can neutralize negative thoughts and feelings, and strengthen positive ones.
6. Reduce Physical Symptoms - EMDR can calm flashbacks and other disruptive physiological (body) reactivity.
7. Increase Achievement - EMDR can be helpful in removing blocks to peak performance at work or at home.
8. Break Free from Old Patterns - EMDR can enhance your quality of life by unblocking negativity from the past distorting your present and future.
9. Build Resilience - EMDR can increase your ability to tolerate negative experiences and help you recover more quickly when they do occur.
10. Reclaim Personal Power - EMDR is supported by your body’s natural healing process and allows your mind to define the meaning of your experience.
Individuals: £40 per session
Couples: £50 per session
EMDR: £45 per session
I offer both daytime and evening appointments - weekdays. I do not offer appointments at weekends.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytimes/evenings (Week days): Monday-Thursday 9 am-7 pm; Friday 9 am-2 pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
- I currently have 1-2 spaces for supervision on Monday/Tuesdays daytime - please contact me for further information and arrange a free initial appointment -.View supervision profile