Buxton Counselling & Psychotherapy Services. - Paula Bentley MBACP, Dip.Coun
52 High Street
...Where Change Begins
I am an experienced and caring practitioner. I work as an integrative Counsellor and Psychotherapist drawing on various approaches, therefore I am able to adapt my work that best fits with your needs. Key to the counselling process is the relationship between the counsellor and client, therefore I will provide you with a safe, confidential, non-judgemental and warm space, enabling you to explore at your own pace the issues that are currently impacting on your life.
I have extensive experience and have worked with clients on a wide variety of subjects, ranging from anxiety, relationship issues, generalised anxiety disorder, depression, abuse, low self esteem, grief and loss as well as other subjects.
It has been my experience that although counselling and psychotherapy will not rid you of your painful memories it will help you to develop a deeper understanding of your self. Once this acceptance of your self has been gained, it is then changes will occur.
It is essential to my practice that I respect your confidentiality and as a member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) I work within the ethical and professional guidelines outlined by the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice: www.bacp.co.uk.
I attend regular Continued Professional Development training, thus further enhancing my practice and the service I can offer you my client.
I offer counselling and psychotherapy sessions for individuals or couples from my private practice at 52 High Street, Buxton, Derbyshire. I am available for Skype or telephone counselling.
I offer open ended or short-term work dependant on your needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP)
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency
- Level 4 Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling, University of Derby (Buxton).
- Counselling Units - Psychodynamic Theory, Skills for Supervision, Therapeutic Practice, University of Derby (Buxton)
- Intermediate Certificate in Counselling Skills, University of Derby (Buxton).
- Certificate in Introduction to Counselling Concepts, University of Derby (Buxton).
- Private Practice in Buxton
Previous Counselling Experience:
- Mosaic II, Bradford working with survivors of sexual abuse
- Volunteer Counsellor at Blythe House Hospice, High Peak, Derbyshire
Continued Professional Development Courses:
- Exploring Gender and Gender Diversity
- Therapeutic Sand Tray Workshop
- Level 2 Training in Psychological Support
- Fundamentals of working with Attachment Issues
- Issues Surrounding Sexual Abuse
I hold a current DBS Enhanced Certificate and Public Liability Insurance
All of the above are available to view within my practice.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Photos & videos
The cost to becoming a more fulfilled person…
Individual, Telephone and Skype Counselling
- 1:1 Sessions (50min) £40
- Reduced fees for Students, Low Earners and Benefits based on the individuals circumstances
- Payment can be made either by cash, cheque or electronic transfer
- 48hrs notice – no charge
- Less than 24hrs – £20
- None attendance – Full session fee due
After a successful twenty-five year career in business, I realised my potential for facilitating change in people and saw it as my vocation to become a Counsellor and Psychotherapist. I am now a fully qualified Integrative Counsellor and Psychotherapist and hold a diploma in Therapeutic Counselling.
Whilst undergoing my training I was diagnosed with severe depression and received my own personal therapy. Taking that first step is probably the most difficult step you will ever take but with the right support changes can be achieved.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Tuesday - Thursday 9am - 6pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|