Putney south West London Counselling -SW15, Paula Bendon, MSc,
Live Free Wellness Clinic
265 Putney Bridge Road
0208 877 2884 / 07976 726853
Paula Bendon, MSc, PG Dip, PG Cert, MBPsS, MBACP, ACBS,BSCH
I am able to listen to your everyday difficulties in a safe and dependable environment with understanding and empathy.
I can help you with any of your counselling needs that commonly manifest themselves with symptoms of anxiety and depression, which often triggers insomnia, addictions or even suicidal thoughts. I will also integrate hypnotherapy techniques when required. These symptoms are frequently experienced by people with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Pain disorder, relationship issues and stress.
I specialise in women’s wellbeing which includes infertility, childbirth, postnatal depression and weight loss. In addition I have extensive experience both privately and in the NHS with child related issues, usually with anxiety, low self esteem, eating disorders or sleep problems.
I am an associate member , counsellor and psychotherapist of the prestigious Therapy Harley street, 12 Harley street, London W1G 9PG (Central London, WC1G))
I have a counselling clinic in Putney, SW15, near to Fulham ,SW6 and south west London
and work for the NHS in psychology both in research and clinically.
I am trained in child therapy to reduce worry, anxiety, sleep problems and exam nerves or stress. I trained in Adolescent psychological intervention at The Maudsley NHS.
I am a professional member of The British Psychological Society (BPS) and the British Association for counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and has been professionally trained in 'gut directed therapy' a 12 week evident based programme ,an effective treatment to alleviate the painful and uncomfortable symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) using Clinical Hypnotherapy. Hypnotherapy is recommended by the NHS and GP's if usual treatment (medication) has not been successful.
In my private practice in Putney/South West London I offer individual psychological therapy in counselling psychology and I adopt an integrated psychological approach which will be personalised for each client.
I am highly trained in counselling psychology including Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT), Mindfulness, Neuroscience and Psychotherapy.
I am also a qualified clinical hypnotherapist, which is effective with many conditions, but especially weight loss using the 'virtual gastric band, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and sleep/insomnia fro both children and adults.
I am a qualified Katherine Graves hypno-birthing teacher and work part time in the NHS delivering counselling and psychological therapy and clinical research for people with psychosis, and their families, with leading clinical psychologists at the South London and Maudsley NHS trust, King's College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience and City University London.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and qualifications and Experience
- Counselling and Psychological Therapy for Bi-Polar, (Manic Depression), Anxiety Depression and Addiction. NHS , The Maudsley, King's College London and The Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience, (IoPPN).
- Counselling Psychology and Psychotherapist- Therapy Harley Street and Putney Wellness Clinic.
- CBT, Mindfulness and Counselling for Anxiety and Depression, Sutton and Merton NHS Service.
- Clinical Research in Psychosis, Bipolar and IBS.
- Putney Counselling Clinic, South West London - SW15
- Family and Relationship issues
- Children and teenagers counselling
- MSc Counselling Psychology at City University London. University of London
- Post Graduate Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Psychosis at King's College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychology - Cognitive, Social and Child psychology - Open University
- BSc(hons) Management Science, Organisational and Occupational Psychology. Manchester University
- Post Graduate -Psychological Intervention for Adolescents and Children, at The Maudsley Hospital, NHS.
- Post Graduate Certificate Clinical hypnotherapy - University of West London.
- Certificate of Personal, Professional and Development in Clinical Hypnosis - Thames Valley University
- Katherine Graves Diploma in Hypnobirthing.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Jungian therapy
- Other therapies
- Person-centred therapy
Photos & videos
- Counselling/psychotherapy in Putney Counselling Clinic - South West London - 50 minutes session from £90-£100
- Clinical hypnotherapy - 50 minutes session £90-£100
- Group hypnobirthing classes for parents from £250
- Individual hypnobirthing in your home £250
- IBS Counselling and hypnotherapy £90-£100
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday Friday and Saturday 9.00 - 21.00
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|