Paula Anne Thwaite (Registered)
I can offer you a balance of academic qualification and experience as an integrative counsellor with psychotherapy skills. The background of working in non-verbal communication and language patterns enables me to fine-tune how I work with you as a whole and unique individual. Words are important, but if you are suffering from loss, bereavement, anxiety, stress, depression, or anything that makes you feel sad, it can be difficult to say what is really going on inside. I can help you to reach those feelings and blockages, whilst sensitively providing a safe, professional and confidential atmosphere.
I can also offer you the following:...
- Deep empathy, sensitivity, compassion, respect, and calm.
- A genuine and strong belief that by promoting you as an unique person, together we can discover your own strengths and resources for change.
- A unique ability to help you process your feelings, when you are ready.
- Counselling with Psychotherapy skills - like, Focussing, Gestalt Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Transactional Analysis, Mindfulness, Psychodynamic.
- Healing through creative writing.
Qualified, yes. Ethical, yes. Professional, yes. Professionally (externally) Supervised, yes. Registered, yes. Insured, yes. CRB, yes. Respectful, yes. Experienced, yes, since 1995.
I work with clients who need either ongoing support and encouragement, (or short-term therapy), with the following:
- organisational responsibility stress/burnout,
- spiritual and/or emotional conflict,
- assertiveness skills,
- time management,
- relaxation skills (like Mindfulness).
- confidence building,
- stress relief,
- anxiety reduction,
- bereavement issues, loss of a loved one,
- unresolved childhood trauma,
- moving home/settling down,
- change in circumstances,
- difficult decisions,
- coping with/recovery from an illness.
Most recent feedback from clients:
- 'You did more than listen, you were with me through all the grief. You helped me let it go. Thank you Paula.' Client. Lincolnshire.
- 'To understand why I am like I am is good, but you helped me to change.' Client. Lincolnshire.
- 'Since I've been coming to see you Paula, I can talk to my family without getting worked-up and stressed.' Client. Lincolnshire.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Theory and Practice of Person-Centred Counselling
- Non-verbal communication and language patterns
- Transference and Counter Transference
- Counselling Clients on Medication
- Gestalt/Empty Chair Work
- Guided Imagery
- Working with Arts in Therapy
- Unconscious Processing
- Guided Imagery
- Time Line Therapy Practitioner Certification
- Experience of working as a Counsellor and Therapist at a Women's Centre
- Experience of working as a Counsellor and Therapist (and working with couples) at MIND
- Experience of collating, writing, editing, self-publishing and promoting books as a personal growth and development exercise
- Experience of helping to grow a successful Lincolnshire and Harley Street practice with my partner Healer, Counsellor and Psychotherapist
- Client assessments/safeguarding and referrals
- Post and pre-pregnancy counselling (and pregnancy testing)
- Talks and workshops, Finding Your Hidden Strength, to self-help groups
- Group facilitation/PD Groups
- Peer and group supervision
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Referrals now taken through the Salvation Army and other religious organisations.
Photos & videos
Professional, ethical and confidential counselling and therapy only 10 minutes drive from the centre of Louth or Horncastle.
60 Minute Counselling Sessions (including your first -upto- 90 minute session) are £40.00 payable at the beginning of each appointment. *BLOCK BOOKINGS OF SIX SESSIONS, GET THE LAST ONE FREE*
Client assessments are carried out either on the telephone, or face to face prior to a first appointment. The assessment can take 20-30 minutes. Please allow extra time for your first appointment.
Well Women Counselling (Lincolnshire)?
Well Women Counselling is only 10 mins drive from the centre of Louth or Horncastle: The Green Room is a quiet and confidential therapy room in the heart of the Lincolnshire Wolds where clients are provided with a safe and professionally ethical place, supported by a qualified counsellor and therapist.
What should I expect at the first counselling session?
Your first counselling session is about getting to know your counsellor, and vice versa. It is important that you can feel comfortable working together. At the beginning of the first session, if it has not already been carried out, an assessment will take place. The counsellor will simply sit with you and go through a list of questions. This is to give an idea of the kind of help that you may need. It might be that you would be better being referred to another organisation, who can help more specifically. But, an assessment helps the counsellor formulate a flexible plan to help you better, and to give her an idea of your immediate needs.
Can I bring someone with me?
You are welcome to bring a friend, partner or relative with you. We have a quiet place where they can sit and wait for you. It is not general practice to have someone sit in with your counselling sessions, because this may affect your unique process, and the way in which you communicate with your counsellor.
How do I pay for my counselling sessions?
Payment is made at the beginning of each counselling session.
How do I book an appointment?
Please feel free to ring or email if you have any questions. We do not provide a drop-in, so an appointment time would need to be made. If you would like to make an appointment, either ring 07969 849 294 or email email@example.com. Counselling sessions (including the first 90 minute appointment) are £40 for 60 minutes. *BLOCK BOOKINGS OF SIX SESSIONS, GET THE LAST ONE FREE.*
Whether you require our postcode for your sat nav, written directions via email, or a step-by-step guide over the telephone, Well Women Counselling would be happy to assist with our easy to find location.
We have gravel driveway parking for 4 cars available at our premises.
Access Bus for Lincolnshire call 0345 234 3344.
Open Monday-Friday 8.30am-6.30pm Saturday 9.00am-5.30pm – You will need to be registered with Call Connect, this is free. Once you are registered, you can ring them and book an Access Bus to our location. Other options: Taxi service, please copy and paste this link and it will take you to a list of Taxi Services in our area: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=taxi%20Louth%20Lincolnshire&oq=taxi+Louth+Lincolnshire&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l2.6727j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&npsic=0&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=53369700,4481,816&tbm=lcl&rldimm=4735403191812214255&ved=0ahUKEwjmueqyurbVAhWDJ8AKHcyACu4QvS4ISTAC&rldoc=1&tbs=lrf:!2m1!1e2!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:2
Well Women Counselling is on the ground floor. If you have mobility problems, your vehicle can be parked just a few feet away from our front door. We also have comfortable rise and recline seating if you suffer with pain and discomfort. Your counsellor will ask if there is anything specific that you may need whilst at Well Women Counselling. There is a toilet at our premises.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
If there is no one around to take your call, messages and emails are usually returned within the hour. £40 per 1 hour counselling/therapy session. *Book 6 sessions and get last one free*
Types of client