Paul A Green
38 Chapel Street
07963962587 / 07803721013
As a qualified Psychodynamic counsellor, and registered professional member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, I am committed to deliver a professional and ethical service that will gradually empower individuals, enabling them to make informed choices and decisions in finding better ways of coping. I have a sound knowledge of other therapeutic approaches which allows me to work as an integrative therapeutic counsellor, bringing together different elements of other theories in the treatment of each client. My work includes:
- Existential and spiritual and holistic care
- Bereavement counselling
- STDT - short term dynamic therapy
- TA - transaction analysis
- PICT trauma & abuse resolution
- Person-centred approach counselling
- Inner child therapy
As a therapeutic counsellor, my aim is to help you, as clients, make sense of your existing problems that you associate with feelings, thoughts and memories and how it relates to yourself and others. Part of the process will be to identify the issues causing distress and to explore coping strategies.
Our goal will be looking at options to see what you want to do; providing that, with my assistance, you are willing to look thoughtfully and honestly at the problem, open to change in order to find a better way of coping and willing to accept the possibility that change can be a difficult and challenging process.
My counselling is not to give advice or to tell you what you should and should not do but containing and providing a safe confidential environment where I will use my skills to help you focus on presenting issues that are important to you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling - North Nottinghamshire college
- Certificate in Spiritual and Holistic Care. Institute of counselling (GCU)
- Integrative work includes: Intensive Short-term Dynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP), Trans-actual Analysis-(TA), & Person Centred Approach.
- PICT- Trauma & Abuse Resolution. Inner-child therapy.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
The fee for each session is £40. However, the number and frequency of each session can be discussed with the client to suit their needs, most opt for six fifty minute sessions which can be extended or adjusted with the available discount of 10% if six sessions are more paid in advance.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am able to offer evening and weekend sessions,
Types of client