Patsy Faure: Couples and Relationship Counsellor MBACP
Harbour Exchange Square
I see couples and individuals with relationship issues, in private practice at Canary Wharf and am a qualified Supervisor. I also run workshops and seminars at leading counselling training organisations. Recent training courses have been for Children Centre Managers and at the Tavistock Centre for Couple Relationships (TCCR), the world renowned psychotherapeutic organisation, Summer School 2015.
I trained at London Marriage Guidance (now part of TCCR), and previously counselled couples at their centre near Liverpool Street Station. In addition I also ran a weekly psychotherapeutic group for people with relationship difficulties.
As well as my wealth of experience working with couples, I have also worked within a diplomatic mission and a large non-government body with staff from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Training, qualifications & experience
Professional experience and qualifications
- Diploma in Psychodynamic Marital and Couple Counselling, a BACP accredited course, validated by Roehampton Institute. Training undertaken at London Marriage Guidance Council, which has since merged with the Tavistock Centre for Couple Relationships.
- Diploma in Psychodynamic Psychoanalytic Supervision
- Psychosexual Certificate
- Certificate in Group Therapy
- Supervisor of clinical work for organisations and for individual clinicians.
- Seminar Leader on counselling/psychotherapeutic courses.
I have previously run a weekly psychotherapeutic group for individuals with relationship issues for five years; I also ran a time-limited group for people separating and divorcing.
Professional membership bodies
- British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- British Association of Psychodynamic Psychoanalytic Supervisors
- Forum for Psychodynamic Couple Therapists
- Multilingual Psychotherapy Centre
- British Society of Couple and Psychotherapeutic Counsellors
I have a wealth of experience, 16 year post-qualification, working with couples and individuals on a wide range of relationship issues. I also work with a diverse client group both socially and culturally.
I work with couples with a range of relationship issues, including cross cultural, infertility and affairs.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I regularly attend conferences and lectures as part of my continuing professional development.
Please phone for fees.
I was previously a Relate licensed Counsellor and have worked on various projects, including 'Meeting with a Marriage Counsellor' as part of the Lord Chancellor's Pilot project.
In 2015, I provided training to individual practitioners within the National Health Service on the 'Couples with Depression' project at theTavistock Centre for Couple Relationships.
From time to time, I also give radio interviews to BBC Radio London and the World Service on couple issues.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I currently have some daytime appointments, please phone to check evening availability.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I trained as a Supervisor at Westminster Pastoral Foundation (wpf) and am a member of the British Association of Psychodynamic Psychoanalytic Supervisors (BAPPS). .View supervision profile