Pamela Howe, BSc, MBACP, Dip CBT
I offer individual counselling in my private practice in Coleraine specialising in anxiety, low mood, abuse, trauma, low self-esteem, relationship difficulties and stress.
Counselling is another word for ‘talking therapy’ whose aim is to bring about effective change in an individual’s life or to enhance their sense of wellbeing.
Often people choose to have counselling when they are experiencing difficulties or distress in their lives. Significant life issues and events such as bereavement, bullying, divorce, redundancy and abuse may also bring people to counselling. However, you do not have to be in crisis or on the verge of one, before choosing therapy - you may be experiencing feelings of dissatisfaction with life or seeking a better balance in your life and spirituality and counselling provides the opportunity for you to discuss and explore issues from both the past and present in an environment which is safe, respectful and empathic.
The idea of talking to someone about your feelings can seem daunting and, often, taking the first step to seek help can be the biggest hurdle. However, even the first session can bring relief and provide a sense of hope. I offer a quiet, confidential and safe space in which you have the freedom to explore whatever is troubling you.
My aim is to help you find clarity and to support you as you move towards implementing change and restoring a more balanced way forward in your life.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc in Podiatry Medicine
- Certificate in Counselling Studies
- Foundation Degree in Counselling Studies
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Counselling Young People November 2010
- SafeTalk (suicide alertness for everyone) February 2011
- BACP PDD ‘Counselling confidentiality, data protection and access to records‘ November 2012
- BACP online ‘Confidentiality: Managing Client Confidences’ January 2013
- ASIST 20/21 March 2013
- Mental Health First Aid (Northern Ireland) 30/31 July 2013
- Effective Strategies for Working with Childhood
- Sexual Abuse (Zest for Life) 13/14 June 2014
- Management of Self Harm (Zest for Life) 27 September 2014
- Introduction to Non-Directive Play Therapy 4 October 2014
- Nexus 30th Anniversary Conference 12 November 2014
- Bereavement and Loss (CRUSE) 20 November 2014
- Childhood Bereavement 20 November 2014
- Manipulation and Suicide 5 March 2015
- CPCAB Diploma in CBT Theory and Skills June 2015
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency 8 August 2015
- PODS Trauma and the Body: Somatisation and Dissociation 3 October 2015
- Break the Silence on Sexual Violence: Zoe Lodrick 15 October 2015
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Domestic violence
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
£35 per hour
Reduced fee for students (valid student card required) - limited number of spaces.
Reduced fee for counselling students requiring personal therapy for qualification - limited number of spaces.
Please feel free to contact me for further information without obligation to make an appointment.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client