Dena Marshall MBACP(Accred) Psychotherapist, Adv Dip.TA Psych, NLP Practitioner
01726 76913 / 0798 006 1115
It is important that you are engaged with a counsellor / psychotherapist that is right for you. For this reason I offer a completely free session, creating an opportunity for us to meet each other, ask questions, and decide 'where to go' from there! I have 15+ years of experience, have no waiting lists or limits to the number of sessions on offer to you, and appointments can be made both during the daytime and the evening across the week, without any hidden charges, fees, or costs. During times when you may experience financial difficulties, you may be eligible for services at a lower cost, depending on your personal and financial circumstances. These concessions are based on a system of self-worth and self-value for both you and your therapist.
Our therapy will have two main therapeutic aims: Firstly, to work at a content level, which will be dealing with the presenting issues and problems that you may bring; and secondly to work at a process level, to understand and change underlying patterns of experience (feelings/thoughts/behaviours) that may be the root cause of any presenting problem(s). This method of working ensures that you are more likely to receive long term positive outcomes that will empower you as a person and reduce the likelihood of you repeatedly returning to therapy in the future; that being aware of your own process enables you to be empowered and supportive of yourself, no matter what difficulties may arise.
- Individual Psychotherapy & Counselling
- Skype / Internet Psychotherapy & Counselling
- Couples Counselling
- Relationship Counselling
- Family Counselling
- Group Psychotherapy
- Professional Supervision
- CPD Training Workshops
- Relaxation / Meditation Groups
- Parenting Groups
- Weight Loss Groups
- Study Groups
Training, qualifications & experience
I have been practising clinical psychotherapy and counselling in Cornwall (based in Bodmin initially, then St Austell) since 2000, with a variety of experience spanning over many years in working with adults and children, individually, within groups, and within a residential setting, covering a wide range of issues: examples include past and present physical, sexual and mental abuse, neglect, mental health issues, addictions, anxiety, self-harm, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Autism, Asperger Syndrome, Tourette's Syndrome, physical disability, phobias, mood disorders and depression, eating disorders and personality disorders.
Personal growth and learning is very important, and I attend monthly supervision, from a TSTA (Teaching and Supervising Transactional Analyst), as well as weekly peer supervision. Practicing using BACP and UKCP guidelines, keeping up to date with psychotherapy theory, practice, and progress through reading, studying, workshops, and conferences throughout the year.
As a qualified and experienced martial arts instructor (traditional karate), bodywork is also an element of the therapeutic process. The bringing together of mind, body and spirit (otherwise known as 'the martial way' or 'way of life') promotes harmony, knowledge, integrity, respect, and courage. Talking through your problems is not always effective by itself, and getting up, moving your body, and paying attention to your breathing can be incredibly powerful therapeutically.
Psychotherapy, counselling, supervision and specialised educational support should be accessible to everybody - and obtainable regardless of their circumstances.
- In private practice since 2000.
- Co-Founder of Ongoing Support Psychotherapy, Counselling, Supervision, and Training, since 2001.
- 2001: Completion of Advanced Integrative Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy Training.
- 2005: Qualified as a Certified Practitioner in Neuro-Linguistic Programming.
- 2009/2010: Completed a further year of training in Transactional Analysis at the Iron Mill Institute in Exeter, receiving an Advanced Diploma In The Applications Of Integrative And Relational Approaches to Transactional Analytic Psychotherapy.
- Holds a City and Guilds PTTLS Teaching Qualification.
- Currently training towards a Level 5 NCFE Award Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Is a BACP (MBACP) Accredited member.
- Have attended various CPD (Continuing Professional Development) workshops.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Music therapy
- Person-centred therapy
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Between the hours of 9am and 9pm throughout the week.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Supervision is all about 'doing no harm' and that includes client, therapist, employer, and employee.View supervision profile