Oli Sylvester, MA Dip Couns (MBACP)
The Willows - Counselling Service
10 Borelli Yard
01252 265105 / 07491 967230
Finding the right counsellor
It’s often hard to open up and talk about the issues and challenges you’re experiencing. To make this easier, it has to feel just right. This means you need to find the right counsellor - someone you feel you can trust. This also means being in the right environment - somewhere you feel is discreet and comfortable.
If you don’t find these things, then you may not get the most out of counselling. The deeper roots of your issues may not be fully explored, feelings may not fully understood, and ultimately you may not make the progress you are looking for.
Putting you first
Counselling is about putting yourself first. Giving yourself the space you need to open up and be really honest about how you’re feeling. It can support you to understand issues at a deeper level, helping you to accept yourself and find new ways of being.
I can help you work this out on your own terms
- Whether you are looking to explore the past, understand the present, or shape your future, I offer a safe and confidential space for you to talk.
You can meet me and then decide whether you want to commit
- If you are a new client I will offer you a first session for free, so you can decide if working with me is right for you.
Sessions are held in a comfortable and discreet space
- I work in a counselling room located in the centre of Farnham, offering both comfort and convenience.
How does it work?
The way we’ll work together is simple:
- In the first session we’ll talk about the types of issues you’re experiencing and explore your expectations of counselling. We’ll agree on how we can best work together and how we will review progress. If, at this point you decide not to continue there will be no fee.
- The real work then takes place in the regular sessions (usually weekly). We will then review your progress on a regular basis, looking at how we are working and agreeing how we move forward together.
To get started all you need to do is call me on 07491 967230 or drop me email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss your specific needs and arrange a time for your first appointment.
It may feel a bit daunting at first but it really is that simple.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a post-graduate educated, BACP registered member with experience working in both general and youth counselling settings. My areas of specialist interest include anxiety, stress, loss, pain and life issues. I am also a member of Anxiety UK.
I hold the following qualifications:
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (CPCAB)
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency
- Award in Counselling Skills and Theory (NCFE Level 3)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (NCFE Level 2)
- Interpersonal Skills Award (NCFE Level 1)
I have experience working across a range of issues (both with young people and adults) including addiction, anxiety/stress, loss, family issues, depression, intimacy issues, self-esteem, loneliness, living with health issues, relationship issues, panic disorders, phobia, seasonal affective disorder and life changes.
I have participated in a broad range of counselling training courses in the following areas:
- Anxiety and depression
- Attachment and trauma
- Sex and sexuality
- Self harm and suicide
- Safeguarding and child protection
I have experience working in healthcare developing educational programmes for patients and doctors and I have held a number of senior business leadership roles.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
Photos & videos
One-to-one counselling - £45 per session*
50 minute one-to-one counselling session with one of our professional therapists. The total number of therapy sessions you have depends on you. We will regularly review how you feel your therapy is progressing and how long you wish to continue. We would usually recommend weekly sessions.
Skype & Telephone Counselling - £45 per session
50 minute Skype or telephone counselling session with one of our professional therapists.
Anxiety support group - £10 per session
Weekly 2 hour anxiety support group. Spaces limited.
* If you are a new client there will be no charge for your first session.
- I may be able to offer reduced fees depending on individual circumstances, please contact me for further details.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Saturday (7am-10pm)
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|