07963517330 / 07963517330
My name is Sean O’Dwyer.
I provide a safe and confidential therapy space for you to explore your life and your relationships. I am passionate about my work and see psychotherapy as not only a place for working through difficult issues but also as an opportunity for growth and personal development. This can add further creativity and spontaneity to one’s life.
My private practice is in Ealing, within easy reach of Chiswick, Acton, Brentford, Hanwell and Kew.
I am a member of the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) which is a national association of psychotherapy organisations and individual practitioners. Psychotherapists can become members only if they meet exacting standards and training requirements. These conditions were introduced to protect the public and to insure the high quality of available psychological therapies.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a qualified Transactional Analysis Psychotherapist with a Clinical Diploma in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy from the Metanoia Institute and an MSc in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy from Middlesex University.
I have also completed a one year diploma in Gender and Sexual Diversity Therapy and have attended further training in specific issues such as self harm, eating disorders and couples work.
In my experience, these are some of the issues I have worked with:
- anxiety and panic attacks
- self esteem and confidence
- early childhood issues
- sexuality and sexual identity
- bereavement and loss
- relationship difficulties
- issues that cause distress at work or in your private life
I work with many other issues that arise in life and am happy to discuss with you whether we may be able to establish a good working relationship.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
My fees are £55 per session for individual sessions. Each session is 50 minutes long.
For couples' sessions of 50 minutes the fee is £70, (duration and fee may be negotiated as part of the assessment).
You may pay by cash or cheque at the beginning of each session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday - Thursday 9am to 8pm.
Types of client