Nohemi Stacey , Counsellor /Psychotherapist reg.MBACP
01252 479088 / 07490089758
My name is Nohemi and I am a qualified Counsellor/Psychotherapist with CPCAB* and registered member with BACP** with over 11 years experience.
My skills and knowledge have developed through working as a manager for a national mental health charity ,training and volunteering for a youth counselling service.
What can I bring to the therapeutic relationship is a wide range of experiences and skills which may be helpful to you but most of all I will bring an open attitude, transparency, empathy and the confidence in your potential for constructive change in the direction of a more satisfying life.
Therapy is a learning process during which ,we learn new aspects of ourselves, new ways of relating to others and our environment and as a result a new and more helpful ways to navigate through live.
- I am bound by and adhere to the BACP ethical framework for good practice.
- I am trained in the Integrative, Person-Centred and Psychodynamic models of counselling.
- I work with clients from the age of 18 .
- I deliver reflective practice to individuals and groups.
- I have an enhanced DBS.
- * Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body. www.cpcab.co.uk/
** British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. www.bacp.co.uk
- Stress and burnout
- Emotional distress
- Substance dependency
- Mental health and wellbeing
What I offer:
- 30 minutes free consultation.
- Face to face or/and Skype sessions
- Safe and confidential space.
My approach to Counselling is Integrative, this is a combined approach that brings together different elements from different therapies.
I believe that there is no single approach that can help all people in all situations.
We are all unique!
Training, qualifications & experience
BACP Registered , British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Integrative Therapeutic Counselling Adv.Dip(CPCAB).
As a practitioner I have studied and developed new skills, including:
- Solution focused brief therapy
- CBT, Motivational interviewing
- Men and Masculinity
- Wellbeing and mental health
- Reflective practice
- Mood disorders
- Transpersonal psychotherapy
- Working with metaphor
- Mental Health and Alcohol
- Alcohol and drugs dependency
- Meditation in a role as therapist
- Mental Health disorders
- Preventing suicide
- Working creatively with young people
- Psychosis and schizophrenia
- Family constellations
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I offer counselling for carers and ex-army personnel at discount rates.
I offer a free half and hour consultation via phone, email , Skype or face to face.
During the consultation we can decide together if counselling is right for you at this moment in time.
We also can decide if I am the right counsellor for you or we need to explore other options.
50 minutes session £ 40 ( English and Spanish)
50 minutes Skype session £ 35 ( English and Spanish)
Some concessions available if you are on a low income or benefits.
Please note that in most cases, it takes a number of sessions before the counselling starts to make a difference.
Sometimes difficulties can arise in our lives for many different reasons and we find difficult to deal with feelings of depression, sadness and anxiety .
We then become stuck and it is difficult to find the way out alone.
It can be a great relief to share your worries and fears with somebody who is able to facilitate the space that help you reach positive solutions.
My role is to facilitate that space.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please contact me for availability Monday to Saturday
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|