Nohemi Stacey , Counsellor /Psychotherapist reg.MBACP
01252 479088 / 07490089758
My name is Nohemi and I am a qualified Counsellor/Psychotherapist with CPCAB* and registered member with BACP** with over 17 years experience in Mental Health and Well-being.
My skills and knowledge have developed through working as a manager for a national mental health charity for 10 years , a BACP registered counselling agency and running my own practice.
What can I bring to the therapeutic relationship is a wide range of experiences and skills which may be helpful to you, but most of all I will bring an open attitude, transparency, empathy and the confidence in your potential for constructive change in the direction of a more satisfying life.
Therapy is a learning process during which ,we learn new aspects of ourselves, new ways of relating to others and our environment and as a result a new and more helpful ways to navigate through live.
- I am bound by and adhere to the BACP ethical framework for good practice.
- I am trained in the Integrative, Person-Centred and Psychodynamic models of counselling.
- I work with clients from the age of 18 .
- I deliver reflective practice to individuals and groups.
- I have an enhanced DBS.
- * Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body. www.cpcab.co.uk/
** British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. www.bacp.co.uk
- Stress and burnout
- Emotional distress
- Substance dependency
- Mental health and wellbeing
What I offer:
- 30 minutes free consultation.
- Face to face or/and Skype sessions
- Safe and confidential space.
My approach to Counselling is Integrative, this is a combined approach that brings together different elements from different therapies.
I believe that there is no single approach that can help all people in all situations.
We are all unique!
Training, qualifications & experience
- BACP Registered , British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Integrative Therapeutic Counselling Adv.Dip(CPCAB).
I have also studied and developed new skills, including:
- Solution focused brief therapy
- CBT, Motivational interviewing
- Men and Masculinity
- Wellbeing and mental health
- Reflective practice
- Mood disorders
- Transpersonal psychotherapy
- Working with metaphor
- Mental Health and Alcohol
- Alcohol and drugs dependency
- Meditation in a role as therapist
- Mental Health disorders
- Preventing suicide
- Working creatively with young people
- Psychosis and schizophrenia
- Family constellations
- 2016-present, Private practice, counsellor/psychotherapist.
- 2016- present, Counselling agency , counsellor/psychotherapist
- 2006-2016, National Mental health charity, Manager
- 2006-2008 ,BACP registered counselling agency, counsellor/psychotherapist
- 2000-2006 ,Private Mental Health Company , senior practitioner
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I offer counselling for carers and ex-army personnel at discount rates.
I offer a free half and hour consultation via phone, email , Skype or face to face.
During the consultation we can decide together if counselling is right for you at this moment in time.
We also can decide if I am the right counsellor for you or we need to explore other options.
50 minutes session £ 40
Some concessions available if you are on a low income or benefits.
Please note that in most cases, it takes a number of sessions before the counselling starts to make a difference.
It can be a great relief to share your fears with somebody who is able to facilitate the space that help you reach positive solutions.
My role is to facilitate that space.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please contact me for availability Monday to Saturday
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|