Nisa Shah, BA, MA, MBACP
Times of struggle and crisis can also present real opportunities for growth. I work with a unique combination of eastern and western approaches. I provide a safe, supportive, and warm environment in which you can explore and find your own way and insights into your life.
I place equal emphasis on mind and body and explore lifestyle options with a view to reaching a happy and healthy life. I treat everyone as an individual who needs a unique blend of approaches to help them. I believe a strong therapeutic relationship helps people to find their own resources and inner strengths.
My therapeutic training involves a combination of Person-centred, Psychodynamic, Cognitive, Analytic, and Gestalt therapy. My key emphasis is on empathy, genuineness, warmth and acceptance. As a BACP member I fully abide by their code of conduct.
I also provide a NICE (NHS) approved Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) programme to treat Mild to moderate depression, anxiety, panic attacks, OCD. I believe CBT is most effective when combined with talking therapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MA in Mass Communication
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills and Theory
- Counselling Certificate in Working with Children and Families
- Professional Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (level 5)
My background is in mass communication and I have several years' experience of working in journalism and specifically with NGO's for women and children.
I have worked as a counsellor in various schools, and I have also set up and facilitate post-natal depression groups. I now predominantly work in private practice.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Photos & videos
- Individual: £50 per session (55 minute session)
- Couples: £70 per session for couples counselling (1 hour)
- Concessions: £40 per session for students and others
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi|
Weekday evenings and weekends
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|