N. Alex Moseley
The Practice Rooms
15-16 Castle Street
- Free exploratory first session
- Evening sessions available
- Rates charged according to income
I am privileged to see many people who are seeking support with managing difficult situations and major life transitions such as bereavement, anxiety, depression, trauma, career changes and illness.
I see counselling as an opportunity to help us to come home to ourselves, so we feel at home in our own skin, with all our worries, difficulties, joys and gifts, with all of our darkness and light – with the uniqueness of who we are.
Whether you are feeling anxious, angry, sad, ashamed, envious, lost, uncertain or joyful, I invite you to imagine slowing down, breathing more deeply and feeling heard and met just as you are. I offer a warm, soulful, compassionate & creative approach tailored to you.
I have particular interest and experience in working with the issues of anxiety, trauma, bereavement, the impact of society on us and working with myth, archetype and soul.
I have worked with clients to explore issues around subjects such as:
- relationships and sexuality
- illness, grief and bereavement
- feeing low, lost or 'depressed'
- ageing and bereavement
- money problems
- family breakdowns and changes
- seeking meaning out of life
- career changes and much more
Call or email me to take your next step
If this resonates with you, and you want to find out more...
- Call or email me to have a free exploratory session to find out if is right for you.
- If it is, we will arrange a second session to agree how we will work together, setting the days and times, fees, and exploring further what you would like to bring.
- If it is not right for you, hopefully it will be a step forward so that you are clearer on the type of counsellor and counselling you are looking for.
Training, qualifications & experience
I hold a Diploma in Integrative Transpersonal Counselling, accredited by the BACP, from Re-Vision in London. I have been offering counselling since 2014, honoured by the privilege of seeing clients who are seeking support with managing difficult situations and major life transitions such as bereavement, anxiety, depression, trauma, career changes and illness.
I co-facilitated a workshop in Birmingham in April 2017 for MOSAIC on 'Understanding Trauma'.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I don't like using the term 'disorder' unless you find it helpful. I believe that there is a lot more to understanding someone than a label that they are given, although being given a label can sometimes be experienced as a relief.
Photos & videos
I have a couple of places available at £20-£30 per hour for those on low incomes. These tend to be in high demand so please do ask about availability.
I generally charge £40 - £60 per hour depending on your ability to pay.
I have a background in working in sexual health, training professionals and young people, and management.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekday evenings and Thursday afternoons. Some other appointments available to suit.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|