Nicole Brook BSc MBACP (Registered)
I am an approachable, qualified, BACP registered counsellor & psychotherapist. I have helped people overcome depression, anxiety, stress and relationship issues. I have also helped people explore issues of gender and sexuality.
I have a warm, relaxed approach and will try to help you feel as comfortable as possible. My aim is to understand you and your unique situation, and to help you with the issues that you may be struggling with, in order to help you resolve them.
Counselling facilitates self awareness, enabling your own capacity for healing, growth and change.
Should you have any questions about how I can help you with your concerns, please feel free to call me for a confidential, informal chat.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am fully insured and a registered member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy), and I abide by their Ethical Framework for Counselling Professions.
- BSc Therapeutic Counselling (Leeds Beckett University)
- Diploma HE Counselling & Psychotherapy (Leeds Beckett University)
In addition to private practice, I have worked for two counselling organisations in Yorkshire, Open Minds Counselling in Doncaster and currently Wellspring Therapy & Training in Harrogate.
Prior to training and qualifying as a counsellor, I have worked within large corporate organisations, the third sector and small start up companies, as well as being self-employed overseas. Having worked in both employee and management roles, I understand the issues involved in both these settings, and how they can impact on your mental and physical wellbeing.
I have experience of helping people with the following areas, however this is not a complete list:
- Managing anxiety, depression or anger
- Relationship and family issues
- Dealing with stress at work and workplace bullying
- Feelings of being stuck, not living to your full potential
- Issues related to being transgender, the transitioning process & being the partner of a trans person
- Sexuality issues
- Gender Dysphoria
- Dealing with the trauma of childhood sexual abuse
- Managing life changes like divorce, separation, retirement, redundancy, death of a loved one, expat issues
I also have experience with people who are dealing with debilitating medical conditions, e.g. sight loss.
Please call me to discuss your needs if you are uncertain whether I am able to help you with your concerns.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
I offer an initial 50 minute session at £25, and further sessions cost £40.
Weekend sessions cost £45.
I also offer counselling via Skype/Vsee if you are unable to attend in person.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer flexible appointments, day, evening and weekends available.
Types of client