Nicola Jones MNCS (Acc), MA, Relate Registered
The Practice Rooms
59 High Street
Westbury On Trym
I provide relationship (or couple) counselling, individual counselling and family counselling/mediation.
Being able to think about how you and others feel, behave and think has a significant effect on your wellbeing and your relationships with others. It is usually necessary to talk to others to be able to view aspects of yourself that you take for granted, which you are not aware of, which may be affecting your confidence, peace of mind, relationships with others and getting what you want/need from life.
In relationships it is essential that your needs are met and there are very effective ways in relationship counselling to ensure you have a relationship which enhances the quality of your life.
I help clients to address issues such as:
- self-esteem, confidence
- relationship problems such as dealing with conflict, affairs and getting your needs met
- difficulty talking about topics such as money, parenting, family, career, life goals, parenting, ill health concerns with intimacy
- anxiety, depression, anger
- starting or ending a relationship
- physical and emotional affairs
- specific matters such as coping with IVF and other conception processes
- bereavement and other loss (whether of health, career, business failure, significant transition phase)
My approach is particularly attachment focused.
I work in Westbury on Trym, Clifton, Bristol and Portishead, N. Somerset.
Please contact me if you have any questions.
Training, qualifications & experience
I hold the following qualifications and have the following experience:
- Trained with and am registered as a relationship counsellor with Relate
- Trained in family counselling with the Institute of Family Therapy
- Accredited by the National Counselling Society
- MA, SOAS, University of London (2008)
- Continuing training as an attachment-based psychoanalytic psychotherapist
I have worked as a counsellor since 2005.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Initial consultation is £60 for relationship and family counselling and £45 for individual counselling
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appointments currently available. Evening and weekend availablility - 7.45pm Thursdays, later morning Saturdays. Daytime - various Wednesday - Friday.
Types of client