Dr Neville Collins MBACP
Counselling In Harrogate
4 The Square
01423 568300 / 07810514393
I now offer the first session for £30 ;all further sessions at £40 / hour
My name is Dr Neville Collins. I am person centred counsellor and a member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists, MBACP
. I use/offer person centred counselling, life coaching and personal development to individuals in the Harrogate area covering a wide range of issues including:
stress, anxiety, depression, relationship/family, redundancy, bereavement., bullying, affairs, sexual and domestic abuse, self harm, life style change, job change, cross cultural counselling and many other issues.
I work in a person centred way to build a relationship which offers an open, non judgemental warm, supportive environment. The process will be interactive and will depend on your issue and what you want to achieve, I work in an atmosphere of and openness and trust.
Talking about your issues and concerns with a counsellor offers a a different way of looking at life. It is safe and non judgemental and allows you to explore your feelings in a constructive and meaningful way without being judged or criticised
Training, qualifications & experience
I have many years experience of working as a counsellor, counsellor trainer, supervisor, manager of services and senior manager in an educational multicultural environment.
I am a Member of the British Association Counsellors and Psychotherapists, MBACP
I am a fully qualified person centred counsellor and life coach. I work with adults and adolescents.
Areas of expertise:
- person centred counselling
- life coaching
- life transitions
- personal development
- cross cultural counselling
- couples counselling
- Bachelor of Technology Applied Biology
- Doctor of Philosophy Biological Sciences
- Certificate in Education
- Certificate in Counselling
- Higher Diploma in Guidance and Counselling
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Gender dysphoria
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Cross Cultural Counselling
I have a great deal of experience of working in a multicultural education setting. As a result I am experienced in cross cultural counselling, equality and equality training
Couples counselling, addresses the problems arising from adult sexual or intimate relationships. The relationship, rather than the two individuals, is the 'client'.
Our very closest relationship: a marriage; co-habitation or civil partnership, is based on intimacy and trust. When it stops working we are affected deeply and our health and happiness suffer. Our sense of identity and self-worth often rests on the strength of our relationships and we can despair when our prime relationship fails.
Signs you have relationship problems
- communication breaks down
- sex has ended or causes problems
- arguments continue without resolution
- violence erupts
- depression or other health problems recur
- the bond of trust is eroded or broken.
It is normal for relationships to suffer as the pressure and strains of everyday life mount. Love may disappear, replaced by resentment and anger.
- There has been a betrayal of trust; an affair, debt or secret.
- Talking causes confusion or unbearable anger.
- Separation or Divorce seem like the only option.
- Desire has gone or sex is no fun.
- Arguments and bickering go on and on.
If possible, attend together unless there is domestic violence or fear. Counselling can be undertaken with one partner if that feels more comfortable.
Causes of relationship problems
- lack of negotiation can shatter expectations
- stress can fracture a relationship
- illness can deplete both partners
- birth of a child can leave a partner feeling abandoned
- depression can leave a partner feeling deserted
- external pressures can sever the couple bond
- disappointment can lead to anger and hostility
- life changes
- children leaving home can allow resentments to resurface.
How can couples counselling help?
- Destructive patterns of relating can be recognised and addressed.
- Conflict and communication can be improved.
- New relationship skills can be learned.
- The impact of change and loss can be examined.
- Relationships can be more successful.
- Abusive relationships and domestic violence can be acknowledged.
Initial session £30. This session will generally last 50-minutes. Subsequent sessions; £40 for a 60 minute session.
Some concessions are available for students in addition to adolescent referrals.
Cash, personal checks are accepted for payment.
Cancellation with at least 24 hours notice will not be charged
The full amount is payable if you cancel with less than 24 hours notice.
Your right to confidentiality will be respected at all times during therapy and after it has ended.
Person Centred Counselling
About Person Centred Counselling
Counselling will help you understand yourself and how you relate to people around you. It focuses on carefully building a relationship with your counsellor based on empathy and understanding.
You will be encouraged to tell your story at your own pace and depth in your own way without being judged or criticised Actively listening to your story in a non judgemental and accepting process will lead to an effective understanding of the real you.
As the relationship develops and your specific needs and goals are understood the therapy will move to mutually agreed actions and a closing phase.
The process of person centred counselling is a dynamic model which will facilitate you to make changes rather than pushing you to make prescribed changes.
How Does it Work ?
- Discussion of current problems or goals
- Identify early problem solving skills
- Examine patterns of relating to others
- Develop goal related strategies
- Assess personal resources
- Learn tools and techniques for changing old patterns of behaviour & implementing decisions and choices
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client