Nerys Jones, MBACP
Trefonen, Nr Oswestry
01691 657508 / 07720 717885
Are you looking for someone to talk to about your worries, emotions and feelings in a quiet, safe, confidential environment; well maybe now is the moment.
I am a qualified person centred counsellor with over 15 years experience working for the Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) NHS, and a registered member of BACP. I have been involved working with children, young people and their families from many different backgrounds and cultures including work within Sure Start and Children's centres. I now provide a safe and calm therapeutic environment working with couples, adults, children, and young people.
My experience covers a number of areas including anxiety and generalised anxiety disorder, couples/relationships counselling, phobias, depression, PND, abuse, self harm, and attachment difficulties. Much of my work allows people to think about their feelings and emotions and why they behave in the way they do, and to guide them to work through their own issues in a calm, empathic, non-judgemental environment. This means they can have the courage to open up about their difficult experiences and build on their own inner strengths and increased self esteem and understanding, to move forward and change the course of their lives.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Introduction to Counselling Skills, University of Wales (Bangor)
- BSc (Hons) Psychology, University of Wales (Bangor)
- Counselling Certificate (person centred)
- Counselling Diploma (person centred)
- Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy training (DDP, attachment based for children suffering trauma & abuse), level 1, London.
- DDP training level 2, London.
- Solihull Approach training, (Behavioural model)
- Train the trainers, Solihull Approach training.
- Diploma in Relationship & Couples Counselling (level 4)
- Further training on anxiety and generalised anxiety disorder
- Specialist Mental Health Practitioner/Counsellor working therapeutically with children, young people and adults within the NHS, often from traumatic and abusive backgrounds including bullying.
- Experience working with children, young people and adults with anxiety and depression often affecting their daily lives.
- Working therapeutically with parents/carers of fostered or adopted children.
- Solution Focussed therapeutic work with children and their families often thinking about challenging behaviour and the impact on home and school environments.
- Consultation and Reflective Practice Group with Family Support Professionals in Children Centre, including training in areas for example PND, attachment, domestic violence and motivation to work.
- Relationship issues with couples as well as individuals.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
£40.00 per session for individual therapy (session 1 hour)
£50.00 per session for couples (session 1 hour)
Please contact me to discuss possible concessional appointments.
Following many years of experiences working with people and individuals in a different setting, I then had opportunity to change careers and follow my heart to work in psychology and counselling. Since then I have been involved with children and young people over 16 years in a variety of environments including the voluntary sector, CAMHS, Sure Start and Children's Centres, also working with adults both individually, couples and family relationships. I like to think I'm an empathic and reflective person enabling people to feel at ease to talk more freely and express their emotions & feelings in a safe environment.
Please feel welcome to contact me and discuss how best we can work together as often the worst hurdle is opening up to a person you don't know. Once the ice is broken, it can feel a relief to have the space to talk safely and in private and to work out what you want to get out of the counselling.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Flexible appointments, please contact me to discuss availability.
Types of client