Nathalie Marec, PgDip. in Couns., Reg. COSCA
I believe that life brings us many challenges and that it can sometimes feel difficult or even overwhelming to deal with them. Those close to us can offer emotional and practical support however sometimes you might need the help of an independent professional.
As a counsellor I can offer a safe, non-judgemental and supportive environment where you can:
- search for a way to express any issues and feelings you may have;
- try to understand your own attitudes and behaviours;
- explore changes you might want to make in your life' or
- simply take time for your self-development.
Together we can work on helping you make sense of how you feel, in time helping you feel more in control and more able to live your life as fully as you wish.
I work with individuals over the age of 16. The counselling sessions are usually 1 hour long and 1 hour 30mns when using expressive art journaling.
- When we meet for the first time, you will have the opportunity to ask questions anddetermine whether you would be happy to come to me for counselling. For my part, I will assess if I think I can help you and for that purpose I might be taking notes. We will decide whether we can work together, this is very important for Person-Centred Counselling.
- If we decide to work together, during the second session, we will agree on ground rules such as confidentiality and in-therapy boundaries to keep both you, the client and myself, the counsellor aware and safe.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I was awarded the post graduate diploma in counselling from The University of Strathclyde in 2016. I graduated as a person-centred counsellor whilst training with a local organisation called ‘Safe Space’. I have been a volunteer counsellor there since early 2015.
- I also work as a grief counsellor (short term therapy) in palliative care at a local Hospice.
- I have attended diverse training workshops in order to develop and improve my work with clients; in childhood sexual abuse and its long-term effects, chair work to deal with underlying and unexpressed feelings, using art in therapy, using a journal for self-expression and I have now started a course in mindfulness, I use its techniques and ways of being in my counselling practice as well as for my own benefit.
- I integrate mindfulness, when appropriate, into my practice as I believe it to be extremely useful in enabling individuals to develop ways of dealing with life events and relationships in a more self-aware, self-caring and fulfilling manner.
- I am particularly interested in a holistic approach where the body, mind and spirit are acknowledged and valued in shaping who you are.
Prior to counselling, I worked for many years with children and families in local communities and schools.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
General anxiety, feeling sad, stress.
Photos & videos
For an hour long counselling session, the fee is between £35 and £55.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Availability on: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday late afternoon and evening. Other times possible, please ask. I am usually able to offer you an appointment within 2-3 weeks.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|