Natasha Barnes: MSc in Psychotherapy, BA Hons, UKCP Full Clinical Registration.
Barnbygate Methodist Church Rooms
I appreciate how hard it can be to consider having counselling and approach a counsellor. I seek to offer a genuine, kind and professional counselling experience and to meet and understand you well. I offer a safe and experienced support as you explore your challenges and seek to find ways to move to a better place. Your unique needs are my priority. I hope to make counselling an experience which helps and strengthens you. I am interested in what you think and feel.
I am an experienced and highly qualified person-centred counsellor who offers counselling from my pleasant counselling room in central Newark. I offer counselling for a wide range of concerns. I have additional specialist experience working with people who have experienced trauma, and childhood abuse.
I am happy to offer a free first session via phone call or face to face meeting to help you see if I may be able to offer them the support they need at this time. I have day and evening appointments available at this time.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc in Person-Centred and Experiential Psychotherapy from The Sherwood Institute.
- Specialist training in counselling survivors of trauma, rape, human trafficking, grooming and childhood sexual abuse (The Quetzal Project, ISAS, Nottingham rape crisis centre).
- Safeguarding vulnerable adults training.
- BA Hons, University College London.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education, Nottingham University.
- Qualification in careers guidance, Nottingham Trent University.
- Experience befriending and supporting refugees in Eastern European refugee camps.
- 3 years counselling at ISAS (Incest and sexual abuse support, Newark).
- 3 years+ counselling and doing client assessments at The Quetzal project, Leicester supporting adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse.
- Helpline work at Nottingham Rape Crisis Centre, Nottingham.
- Experience teaching secondary pupils, Horncastle.
- Experience supporting young people at Connexions, Lincoln.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Survivors of slavery or trafficking and for refugees.
Photos & videos
£30 per hour session. This lower price is a choice and reflects my desire to allow more people to access therapy. As you can see on my profile the lower price in no way reflects my level of experience, qualification or skill.
£25 Counselling Student fee.
One free 6 month place at anytime for a client unable to pay for counselling.
I also offer skype and phone sessions.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer daytime and evening appointments. I have current availability in the days and evenings.